dumb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't expecting to get a reply at this time of night, except maybe from Australia!

Step 1. Remove muffler.
Step 2. Look through hole at piston.
Step 3. Count number of rings on piston.

Wasn't expecting to get a reply at this time of night, except maybe from Australia!

Step 1. Remove muffler.
Step 2. Look through hole at piston.
Step 3. Count number of rings on piston.

Australia here, glad to be of service! ;)

From the IPL's for the Husky L77 i have access to there are versions with both 1 and 2 rings.
What build is your model? Easiest to remove muffler and have a look see.

thanks Just to clarify in most of the 65ls was there only 1 ring ,not 2 I believe
when they moved back to Swedish production from Yugoslavia did they add anothe ring
to the 65 or was it th l77 that got them?

Perhaps downloading ipl's from partstree would enable you to answer your own questions?
I believe they are even written in Canadian.........LOL!

thanks Just to clarify in most of the 65ls was there only 1 ring ,not 2 I believe
when they moved back to Swedish production from Yugoslavia did they add anothe ring
to the 65 or was it th l77 that got them?

I followed my advice to you, I figured someone had to.

L65 Piston and Cylinder IPL shows one ring. http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=husqvarna&mn=65+(1981-10)&dn=084810005

L77 Piston and Cylinder IPL shows two rings. http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=husqvarna&mn=77+(1981-09)&dn=084870005

I chose the date range with the earliest year listed. Though all other date ranges showed the same results.

Kinda like our current president (notice the intentional small letter for the title).
Mmmmm president? We dont need no stinking presidents.think ill walk to mehico.canadas to far uphill and too cold.hey I just got an idea to solve the immigration problem.how many wants to walk to mexico.lol

l77 has the spark plug coming out the top of the head at an angle with a cuttout in the top cover
65l has the plug extending out the side of the crown and top cover conceals it completely
why does mine have 2 rings with the 65l head configuration ? Mabey Magnus has an answer
at chainsaw collectors where all the ugly blondes live President

Latest posts

Back