Ebay -- 394XP Nice Runner!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazman1602

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just a shameless plug for my local dealer. This saw is on Ebay right now. I stopped by there yesterday to take a look. Harry let me start it up and run it.....that saw is a MONSTER! Sounds like a damn dirt bike when it fires up and has tons of power. The guy selling it is honest and his shop does good work. I would have bought it but it's WAY too big for the kind of cutting I do.

...Truth be told the sucker scared crap out of me. I could see me wearing a fake leg after a day in the woods...........

Check it out:

Husky 394XP W/28" bar (new) and chain (new)

Probably the most convenient roll on hand to spin a loop from.

Ian

Maybe he doesn't sell very much of it and this is a way to sell the saw with a chain that is just sitting there. No one wants to give away the good stuff and a loop of chain isn't going to up the price on that saw.

Just a shameless plug for my local dealer. This saw is on Ebay right now. I stopped by there yesterday to take a look. Harry let me start it up and run it.....that saw is a MONSTER! Sounds like a damn dirt bike when it fires up and has tons of power. The guy selling it is honest and his shop does good work. I would have bought it but it's WAY too big for the kind of cutting I do.

...Truth be told the sucker scared crap out of me. I could see me wearing a fake leg after a day in the woods...........

Check it out:

Husky 394XP W/28" bar (new) and chain (new)

I love my 394xp.

Looks like a great seller!! Over 1400 transactions and still a 100$ rating!

Good saw, I swear by my 394xp!

Beware though, there is no relaxing with this saw waiting for it to cut. You put it into a log and a few seconds later you're picking it up and moving it to the next cut. Fortunately you get a rest every hour to fill 'er up.

Good saw, I swear by my 394xp!

Beware though, there is no relaxing with this saw waiting for it to cut. You put it into a log and a few seconds later you're picking it up and moving it to the next cut. Fortunately you get a rest every hour to fill 'er up.

Hour? Try every 15-17 minutes if you keep it loaded in the cut. I've made 6 cuts with the 32" bar on it buried in a 36" oak and half way thru the 7th cut it was dry.

Looks good, but why a skip chain on a 28" bar????? :confused: :dizzy:

Cause if really sharp skip cuts almost as fast as full comp and takes half as long to sharpen. I run skip on most of my 28 inch bars. Just ordered another reel of 33RSLKF for my 28 inch bars, especially noodling.

Skip, comp,it doesn't make so much difference either way if your chains are sharp enough.

SawTroll, Believe it or not here in AZ, my chain sales are full skip 50%, semi skip 40%, & full comp 10%. WTF I guess the full skip works better on cutting cactus.

AZ trees in the winter snow. :jawdrop:

No cactus here, except in the living-room.....

We sell skip on everything over twenty inch here.

When I was in Northern Minnesota, almost all of the saws with a 20" and larger had skip on them...Mostly hardwoods up there.

I found it unusual as I have never used skip chain in my life!

On a side note, I sold a 394xpg last year that was well used on ebay (looked like it had lots of hard use, but p/c were excellant). It went for 5 bills with a 28" bar...

Back