Ebay -- 394XP Nice Runner!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milkie: sorry you didn't win. 394 is a great saw. I had one ~10 years ago w/ a 36" bar on it. Only reason I didn't bid was I have 6 2100's .If you win the next one, you won't be disappointed w/ it's performance

When I was in Northern Minnesota, almost all of the saws with a 20" and larger had skip on them...Mostly hardwoods up there.

I found it unusual as I have never used skip chain in my life!

On a side note, I sold a 394xpg last year that was well used on ebay (looked like it had lots of hard use, but p/c were excellant). It went for 5 bills with a 28" bar...

It is at 5 now, with 10+ hours left.........:censored:

Last edited:
Didn't realize 394's brought that much $$$ Guess my saw is worth more then I thought, not as clean as that one though. I got a real good deal on mine, and its a screamer runs excellant. I got LGX skip on a 33", cuts very fast.

Last edited:
Man I think he had two and the one sold way high IMHO for an almost 20 year old saw.

I'm seeing 372XP ten years old get bid up almost that high too. Must be Husky's have a resale value kind like a Harley, eh? [grin]

No 372xp out 10 years ago - 1999 was the first year, before that it was the 371xp.....LOL

395's

Didn't realize 394's brought that much $$$ Guess my saw is worth more then I thought, not as clean as that one though. I got a real good deal on mine, and its a screamer runs excellant. I got LGX skip on a 33", cuts very fast.

The 395's, 394's that I have seen cut and run, where screamers. Even though their out of the cut rpm is slower, they really hold the R's in the cut. That's why I want one!!LOL:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

The 395's, 394's that I have seen cut and run, where screamers. Even though their out of the cut rpm is slower, they really hold the R's in the cut. That's why I want one!!LOL:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I like how smooooth they are, so easy on the hands for extended cutting. I love running my 395.

The only real downside is their weight.

Last edited:

I like how smooooth they are, so easy on the hands for extended cutting. I love running my 395.

The only real downside is their weight.

That's another reason why I want one, plus for the power.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Figured you'd like that one...........hey how do you like that new 346XPG that you list in your sig? I"ve been looking at that saw and it looks like a hot rod version of the 353 -- opinion?

It is, and my opinion are all over the place - the NE346xp is a great saw, and I prefere it to the Dolmar 5100S.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edit; Forgot to say - they both beat the 353 with a wide margin in the cut.

Last edited:
It is, and my opinion are all over the place - the NE346xp is a great saw, and I prefere it to the Dolmar 5100S.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

I hear that Troll. Been looking at new saws to add to the stable -- you guys are a BAD influence on me, and I'm thinking toward the 346. Can't find anything in the 60cc arena I really like and the 372 is just too much saw I *think*. [grin]

I hear that Troll. Been looking at new saws to add to the stable -- you guys are a BAD influence on me, and I'm thinking toward the 346. Can't find anything in the 60cc arena I really like and the 372 is just too much saw I *think*. [grin]

Try a MS361.....:clap: :clap:

Try a MS361.....:clap: :clap:

Isn't that the saw that will cure your marital issues also?? [grin] Husky doesn't list a dang 361 anymore -- I'm showing my ignorance but is this a Stihl?

GAK! Answered my own question by going to the Stihl website. One, I like Huskys. Two, my local Stihl dealer is the biggest jerk around. Well, truth be told the Husky dealer ain't much better but I haven't been screwed by him YET.................

No........he NEEDS a 372xp....he just doesn't know it yet!LOL If it where me in your position I would get a 372............:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

You guys are gonna get me divorced...............I'm drooling over the 372. I'm thinking I can go buy it, put it in the shop and when wifey asks me "WHERE did THAT come from???" I can say; "Honey I"ve have that around for MONTHS....."

...........works real good for motorcycle parts which I ship to my work address and then sneak home................

You guys are gonna get me divorced...............I'm drooling over the 372. I'm thinking I can go buy it, put it in the shop and when wifey asks me "WHERE did THAT come from???" I can say; "Honey I"ve have that around for MONTHS....."

...........works real good for motorcycle parts which I ship to my work address and then sneak home................

Look at it this way,,,,

You can always figure a way to use a little more saw than you really need on a small job better than too small a saw on a big job!!!! See,,, it makes perfect sense!!!!!! :greenchainsaw: :dizzy: :clap:

Good saw, I swear by my 394xp!

Beware though, there is no relaxing with this saw waiting for it to cut. You put it into a log and a few seconds later you're picking it up and moving it to the next cut. Fortunately you get a rest every hour to fill 'er up.

Sounds like a great saw. So Huskies are hot rods, huh? I bet it is fun to cut with. Hope I getta chance to try one someday.How is the durability?

Back