Ebay -- 394XP Nice Runner!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great saw. So Huskies are hot rods, huh? I bet it is fun to cut with. Hope I getta chance to try one someday.How is the durability?

Depends on which one, of course. But it is fun to have local tree service come by and say about your 394 "wow, that thing sounds like a hot saw". lol

Reliability.........I bought it new 15 years ago and the only thing I've had to have done was a carb rebuild several months ago. Cost me $80 from the local shop. I'm sure that was just from letting the fuel sit inside of it on occasions for an extended period. MOST of the time if I know I'm putting it away for the winter is pour the fuel back out and run the saw till it quits.

By the way, it's bone stock. No mods are needed on a 394.

Isn't that the saw that will cure your marital issues also?? [grin] Husky doesn't list a dang 361 anymore -- I'm showing my ignorance but is this a Stihl?

GAK! Answered my own question by going to the Stihl website. One, I like Huskys. Two, my local Stihl dealer is the biggest jerk around. Well, truth be told the Husky dealer ain't much better but I haven't been screwed by him YET.................

The MS361 is the Husky that Husky forgot to make, after they discontinued the 262xp......:cheers:

Depends on which one, of course. But it is fun to have local tree service come by and say about your 394 "wow, that thing sounds like a hot saw". lol.

I've had other tree services ask what I was running to cut big stuff so fast... I just point to the 394XP and say "That little saw...". It makes 'em wonder what I consider to be a big saw...

Reliability.........I bought it new 15 years ago and the only thing I've had to have done was a carb rebuild several months ago. Cost me $80 from the local shop. I'm sure that was just from letting the fuel sit inside of it on occasions for an extended period. MOST of the time if I know I'm putting it away for the winter is pour the fuel back out and run the saw till it quits.

Rebuild the carb yourself for $15... It's a fairly easy one to do.

By the way, it's bone stock. No mods are needed on a 394.

Needed? NEEDED???? What about mods WANTED!?!?! I'm looking forward to my new muffler mod showing up...

Back