Ebay Seller to Avoid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatkeper1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bought a Stihl 088 from INTEGRITYTREECARE back on the 9th. This guy has been BS'n me about shipping the saw ever since. First he moved from MO. to KY then he is not in towns that have shipping available. I'll be at FEDEX tomorrow ETC. Todays story is a funeral. :censored:
Guys stay away from him I don't think its a good Idea to send him any money. Hopefully Ebay will get my $850.00 back for me

Read em and weep brother. I hope you checked the guys feedback and it works out in your favor. 8 and a half bones is allot to be sending off into the cyber world.

You'll get lots of advice here. Hope it works in your favor.

The 9th was only 8 days ago. . .

Your right its only 8 days, but lets see first he demanded immediate payment or he would sell to the next bidder. Even though I had already sent payment via Paypal. Then said he would ship the next day. But then he left Mo and went to KY, and then there are no FEDEX in his area of KY. So he has no way to ship. Followed by one excuse after another until todays email saying he never got to ship it on Sat the 15th as promised because of a funeral.
Sorry but this guy is not to be trusted

Yeah I figured that, it was just ironic, you know.

On the plus side, looks like he has done some biz with Fish. Might try asking him if he had any issues. It looks like no, but who knows.

I hope everything works out for you. I would have never bid on anything that expensive from someone with only 16 positive feedbacks. I was burned many years ago on Ebay, and I just don't bid on anything of value unless the seller has a well established and current background on Ebay.

For a seller that has only 16 feedback points he sure demands a lot of rules for his bidders. 100% feedback, but about 85% of those are as a buyer...

Well it will suck if it doesn't work out. I know I wouldn't have paid over 800 bucks for that saw... It looks "well" used...

Keep your fingers crossed. I recently bought a used saw off of ebay. First time in years. But I bought it from a guy that is known and trusted. I didn't get burned. It's the only way I will buy "sight unseen" OPE anymore. From someone that is a trusted seller.

Gary

Well Gary I don't generally stay away from sellers with low feedback unless he has negatives. I have only had maybe 4-5 bad transactions out of almost 1700 since 1999. I've had transactions where I have sent 100's of dollars cash in envelopes to Hong Kong and Germany before Paypal and never got burned.
He promised I would have tracking numbers by today and he never provided them. Yep this is a bad one and a big one. Hoping Ebay comes through for me. As far a Too Much for that saw, hey, Some here have paid far too much for some of their aquisitions IMO. You pay what you want to get what you want. It was 1000.00 below retail of a new 880

Hopefully I'm not rubbing salt in any wounds here but this is my initial first impression of this guy. He's too young. I would be real skeptical to hand over that kind of money to someone that young even face to face.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know Stihl's, but aren't 088's and 036's at least 8 years old. If he's changing saws out evey 3 years those numbers don't add up. Second I'm guessing that guys in his mid to late 20's. That tree work takes its tool on the old body and unlees that guys found the fountain of youth, I don't think he has enough years in to be running saws that old.That would've made him around 18 to 20 when he started out. Maybe he is a Mr Ambitious.

I won't pay more than $50 for an E-Bay saw anymore. I got burned once but was lucky that I paid with a credit card and the culprit owned a OPE business. My credit card company canceled his ability to receive Mastercard and Visa, after a few attempts to resolve the issue. I got my money back real fast then.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you end up with a great saw.

Well Gary I don't generally stay away from sellers with low feedback unless he has negatives. I have only had maybe 4-5 bad transactions out of almost 1700 since 1999. I've had transactions where I have sent 100's of dollars cash in envelopes to Hong Kong and Germany before Paypal and never got burned.
He promised I would have tracking numbers by today and he never provided them. Yep this is a bad one and a big one. Hoping Ebay comes through for me. As far a Too Much for that saw, hey, Some here have paid far too much for some of their aquisitions IMO. You pay what you want to get what you want. It was 1000.00 below retail of a new 880

I'm going to bet that you will get your saw and be happy with it. A lot of new people don't know how to use ebay or even shipp anything. And #### happens maybe hes having a lot of family problems but if i were him id refund you a $100 and overnight it to you! When i sell if i take more then 2 days to ship i automatically upgrade it to priority.
my .02

You actually have quite a bit of leverage here. One bad transaction with 16 total transactions is a crippling blow to a seller. My educated guess is that this guy would like to sell a few more items and will understand he can't afford to shaft you. I predict this guy will make nice. You might not be happy with the speed or the overall transaction, but I think you're gonna get your saw.

You might want to make it known that all is forgiven PROVIDED YOU GET YOUR SAW. If he thinks you're going to hack up his reputation even if you get the saw, he has less to gain by sending it you.

Latest posts

Back