Ebay Seller to Avoid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know hindsight is 20/20 but 13 of his 16 feedbacks were rating him as a buyer. Only three rated him as a seller and 2 of those were picked up items, not shipped. Too bad you don't live closer to him, I bet he would cough it up if you paid him a visit.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but 13 of his 16 feedbacks were rating him as a buyer. Only three rated him as a seller and 2 of those were picked up items, not shipped. Too bad you don't live closer to him, I bet he would cough it up if you paid him a visit.

Who says that couldn't be arraigned. Who from the board lives in the area?

If you paid via PayPal, his money is tied up until there is delivery confirmation and you have left positive feedback.......Attorney General? I believe with his low feedback number, the rules I mentioned apply to him. Even if he never ships the saw, PayPal will refund your money.

FedEx......the ad doesn't even offer that service. If he ships Parcel Post, be prepared for a wait as the Post Office told me that Parcel Post can take up to 30 days to arrive. Now mind you it usually doesn't take that long, but I have had buyers complain that it took 15-16 days for an item to arrive. This is the exact reason I changed to Priority Mail and include Delivery Confirmation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy, just stating that you have a lot of avenues to take on this. Just look at the updates he added to the auction, his elevator isn't quite reaching the top floor.

Good luck with this. I see chainsaws I want on ebay all the time but I'm too paranoid to go for it because of this very thing.

Good luck with this. I see chainsaws I want on ebay all the time but I'm too paranoid to go for it because of this very thing.

Just look at everything in an ad there and ask a lot of questions. I have bought and sold some real solid saws on Ebay. I have gotten stung a couple times, but by working the system available at Ebay I was able to get things ironed out.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'm not rubbing salt in any wounds here but this is my initial first impression of this guy. He's too young. I would be real skeptical to hand over that kind of money to someone that young even face to face.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know Stihl's, but aren't 088's and 036's at least 8 years old. If he's changing saws out evey 3 years those numbers don't add up. Second I'm guessing that guys in his mid to late 20's. That tree work takes its tool on the old body and unlees that guys found the fountain of youth, I don't think he has enough years in to be running saws that old. ......

:agree2:

Seems more than a bit ironic that the name if his business is "Integrity Tree Care..........."

FWIW I used to buy and sell a fair amount on feeBay.

Bottom line--god help you because Paypal and feeBay sure won't.......:mad:

Whenever possible--pay with a credit card!!! If you just pay with your Paypal balance, or even worse directly tied to your checking account, you can kiss that money goodbye--they will do NOTHING! They like to make it look like you're all protected and everything, but you're NOT. At least if you pay with a credit card and you don't receive the merchandise you can dispute the charge with paypal via your credit card and they WILL backcharge Paypal. NOW, you've got their attention and maybe they'll do something about it. Other than that, they'll make a big fuss and ask you to fill out a claim--and then do NOTHING.

Interestingly enough, if you try to change your payment option at paypal to use your credit card instead of your paypal balance or direct debit from your bank account, you get all these warnings like "are you sure you want to do this--your transaction might not be protected....."

The bottom line is that Paypal KNOWS that credit card companies will back-charge them for fraudulent sales and banks hardly ever will.

My Uncle is a professional photographer and he buys and sells a lot of expensive lenses, etc via feeBay and Paypal. He's been burned more than once and he goes out of his way to tell everybody he knows ONLY PAY FOR AUCTION ITEMS VIA YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!

I haven't found that to be true at all, I have recieved over a grand in payback from PayPal in the last couple months and most everything I purchase comes from a PayPal balance. The other day they called me about an open dispute I had going with a seller and they refunded my money while I was on the phone with them.

I do, however, agree with the term "feebay".....that is classic! In surveys and questionarres that I have filled out, I have squocked about the fees. I know full well it falls on deaf ears, but it feels good to toss it out there.

Last edited:
Not sure if your aware of this if you havent had trouble via Ebay before. If the seller does not reply to your initial paypal complaint, the problem just sits for 21 days. Its up to you to escalate your initial action to a 'claim' based on whether the seller complies with your request for shipping or proof of same. You have to wait the 5 days to do this. Basically whats up is your giving the seller another 5 days to get the saw to you. Dont drop the case until your sure about the saw too. I hope there are no mechanical problems after all the b/s. I agree about using a credit card. I got burned one time where the seller didnt have enough money in his paypal account to return my remittance. If I would have used a cc on that transaction, I would have received all of my money back.

Best wishes,
Bob

You should have no problem getting your money back. File your claim with Paypal.

Paypal holds the funds for Chainsaws until the buyer receives the saw (via UPS/USPS confirmation) Or 21 days elapses, or the buyer gives positive feedback.

So if Paypal does him like they do me from time to time, your funds are safe. Paypal has seemed to gotten into the escrow business. LOL.

I used to do all escrows with Ebay back in the Late 90's Made sure I received my items before the seller received his money. Very safe. Then Paypal shows up and it became a crap shoot.

I'm just making a Judge Judy observation in my responce to that guys age, and basing it on my instincts.

Its not that you have to be 50 to run a saw, or that you can't be 16 or 18 and own a business, but I'm just not gonna mail somebody that age that amount of money. Especially when I compare his story with human characteristics and a little thought.

Not haten just staten!

Keep us posted on the outcome.

And another great Pennsylvania town name. Middlesex Township!

I'm just making a Judge Judy observation in my responce to that guys age, and basing it on my instincts.

Its not that you have to be 50 to run a saw, or that you can't be 16 or 18 and own a business, but I'm just not gonna mail somebody that age that amount of money. Especially when I compare his story with human characteristics and a little thought.

Not haten just staten!

Keep us posted on the outcome.

And another great Pennsylvania town name. Middlesex Township!

Ok makes seance, but if he didn't put himself in the picture you would never
know. I don't think i would buy anything used for $810 on eBay, That's dangerous.

Seems that a lot of guys are jumping to conclusions, without knowing what is really going on in correspondence between seller and buyer. One week shipping is completely acceptable if he communicates clearly about it.

My reputation on ebay is also 100%, but I don't buy nor sell much, and I don't have more than 15 transactions. Not everybody is a pro ebayer and has a lot of experience with shipping. Give that guy some slack...

I don't understand the comments either about the value or the condition of the saw. That's only gatkeeper's business. It appears to be a very nice saw btw.

Follow up and closer to this incident. After filing a claim with Ebay and a letter of complaint to the attorney general of Missouri. The seller came through with a total refund of all monies paid. His last Email to me stated that the saw was shipped that morning and the auction stated no refunds.
Obviously the saw was not shipped. So right to the bitter end this guy is a liar and someone who cannot be trusted
"integritytreecare", stay as far away as possible from him as a seller on Ebay

Follow up and closer to this incident. After filing a claim with Ebay and a letter of complaint to the attorney general of Missouri. The seller came through with a total refund of all monies paid. His last Email to me stated that the saw was shipped that morning and the auction stated no refunds.
Obviously the saw was not shipped. So right to the bitter end this guy is a liar and someone who cannot be trusted
"integritytreecare", stay as far away as possible from him as a seller on Ebay

Mate, I've been following this thread and have nothing to add except to say I'm glad you have it sorted out. Very fustrating (been there, done that)

He was able to issue a full refund because Paypal had those funds on Hold. I guarantee it. Had he had access to those funds...

Latest posts

Back