Ebay- ship saws out of country

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're not comfortable selling overseas then definitely cancel/block.

Please do give it a thought though. Im in Aus, and while Im happy to support my local economy up to a point... People just take things too far! There are all kinds of justification for the prices we pay in Aus, the most common one being that it's a low volume market.

That doesnt really sit well with me. Im willing to pay 10~20% over and above international costs + postage + taxes, but not 300% markup or more. There's no way I'm willing to pay such huge prices just because a big company with big overheads wants me to subsidize the full cost of running their company. Costs and overheads too high? let smaller businesses import!

I've bought a lot of stuff from the states over the years - electronics, tools, motorbike parts etc... we just don't even have the range available here in aus at any price for some items, especially custom stuff. With things like MSD ignitions etc, you wont get them in aus at all and definitely not ex stock. You'll need to pay 300% markup then wait 8~12 weeks. Or buy it direct and have it in 3~4 days at only maybe 20% markup.

A lot of companies wont ship direct to us due to export restrictions - companies trying to protect their market and prevent people buying things at reasonable cost. Amazon is included there for most tools, even things like router bits (300~400% markup in aus). Ive used a mail redirecting service in past to get around it, and had friends stateside receive and forward parts for me.

Second hand saws over here that are totally worn out often cost more than brand new saws in the states. Add to that, when the exchange rate gets down, people add more to the cost. but when the rate goes up, nobody discounts. How about a 200T at $1500?

Sometimes we really arent the lucky country ;-)

Shaun

Can anybody suggest a re-direct mailing service for us Americans who want to purchase a saw or parts in Europe?

Quotes that I've gotten from German sellers, for mailing to the US, have been unreasonable from my point of view but I don't know how expensive shipping is in European countries - is it that much more to ship to the US than it is to ship from here to Europe?

Latest posts

Back