Ech saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CS-300 and a CS-670. Both excellent saws. I like Echo products. The engines are bullet proof and decent warranty. My local dealer is a family friend and usually takes good care of us. The CS-670 has plenty of grunt for a 4.0 cu. in. saw. The CS-8000 is supposed to be good for an 80 cc saw. Probably doesn't put out the hp of a Husky or Stihl, but supposedly a good saw. Wish you could get the CS-1201 (116.3 cc.) Only available in Japan. Runs .404 pitch chain (.063 gauge).

I have a cs-3000 and a 330 evl. Nice saws, reliable, easy starting, but not as much power as a Stihl equivalent. Cheaper than a Stihl, so the decision on the trade offs is yours.

I've never had an echo I didn't like. And, they're a little less expensive.

i have a 8000, 670, 3400, 4500, 2-5500's i like them all the 8000 is nice but you could get more power to weight with other brands
is the 8000 new or used

I have heard of them. I sold them for 10 years and went to the Echo service schools once a year. In my mind they can't be beat for the price. I think the sales are terriatorial based on how many other saw name dealers out there at least is was in the 70's and 80's. My 6 cube 100cc would be perfect for a lumber mill. I too would like a 116cc saw and would be the first in line to get one...Bob

Bob,

Railomatic sent me a pm about the Echo Japan site so that he could check out the CS-1201. I hope you don't mind, but I passed the link you had given on to him. Like you, I find Echo hard to beat. I love the two that I have. I ordered a Stihl MS-460 that is supposed to be here on Monday. I was going to get the CS-8000 Echo, but at the last minute decided on the Stihl. Hope I did the right thing. My Echos have been great saws. I really like the CS-670. I prefer saws that give you a manual over-ride with the oiler and Echo not only gives you that but also the adjustable auto oiler as well. Great saws and great warranty (two years) Stihls warranty is only 90 days period and the MS-460 is only auto oiler. I would rather it be only manual oiler if I could only have one. I am so used to manual oiling (I use XL-12s and Super Wiz 66s and used to use C-72s) that I feel naked without one. That was a major selling point for me on the CS-670 and CS-8000.

Cool with me, maybe Stu in Tokyo can pick us up a couple of those CS-1201's and ship them this way. LOL. Could be my best thing for 2006...Bob

Now there is a great idea. I have no idea what they cost and I have no idea what the exchange rate is, but I'm sure Stu would know. I don't know if we could get them into the country. I am supposing that the primary issue about them was the emissions. No one seems to make a big saw available to us anymore.

My dad and I have been running his 500EVL for the last 17 years. Still strong all day long. A little TLC once in a while, she's never let us down.

My neighbor has a 500EVL that he has abused for years. He'll get it out once in a blue moon. I'll clean the air filter out for him (he never does), dump the old gas, put in fresh, an in a few pulls it will be good to go all day. I don't think we have ever even changed the plug, believe it or not. I don't have an Echo, but I often ask myself, "Why not?"

Hey day52, Forest Ohio was the home of our Echo dist, Rahrig Sales on Lima St. Guess its gone now...Bob

Yes, Bob W.-- Rahrig is sadly gone for several years. They were a good place to get some hard to find parts. There is a little engine shop in the town that has a couple Echos in stock, but they push Stihl almost exclusively now.

Latest posts

Back