Echo 750evl information.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just bought this non running 750evl. I know nothing about saws this old. With a serial number of 53, what year would it have been build. It's very dirty, clutch cover is broken. It has spark and seems to have good compression. The fuel line is intact but VERY hard. It will crack if I remove it. It had some very old fuel in it. Very dark and stank to high heaven. Any information will be appreciated.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
d793ef160ff3eb0393e0cfa5bdbe9714.jpg

I just bought this non running 750evl. I know nothing about saws this old. With a serial number of 53, what year would it have been build. It's very dirty, clutch cover is broken. It has spark and seems to have good compression. The fuel line is intact but VERY hard. It will crack if I remove it. It had some very old fuel in it. Very dark and stank to high heaven. Any information will be appreciated.

d793ef160ff3eb0393e0cfa5bdbe9714.jpg
You have number 53 congrats thats an early saw
And I thought mine was old
I'd say first year
You can get an idea by the emissions sticker
The cover is the weak point

Im not sure maybe you know from stihls?

The serial numbers seem simple and too many 00s in my opinion to be like a car vin

so each model number would have a serial number starting at zero?
Well, I am not familiar with Echo, for sure. Then we must assume that the VL and EVL are two different models then?

Well, I am not familiar with Echo, for sure. Then we must assume that the VL and EVL are two different models then?
I don't know but it appears so. I guess the vl would be points and the EVL would be a new model with a new serial number production run. Does Stihl do that with their numbers? Does a 261 and a 261c have a different set of numbers?

The fuel line is intact but VERY hard. It will crack if I remove it. It had some very old fuel in it. Very dark and stank to high heaven. Any information will be appreciated.
Id clean out the system
You can replace the fuel line with bulk line but the oe lines had bubble ends you will need some kind of grommet to take up the space

The saw has a carb box thats sealed anywhere the lines come through needs to be airtight

The guy I bought my 750 evl replaced the fuel lines but missed the line was letting dust into carb box

I hope I explained that well enough?

Id clean out the system
You can replace the fuel line with bulk line but thw oe lines had bubble ends you will need some kind of grommet to take up the space
The saw has a carb box thats sealed anywhere the lines come through needs to be airtight
The guy I bought my 750 evl replaced the fuel lines but missed the line was letting dust into carb box

I hope I explained that well enough?
I noticed the belled ends on the fuel lines. I've never seen anything like that before. This is the first saw I've ever had that has a horizontal cylinder. It just looks totally weird to me. I'm used to the spark plug on top and the muffler on the front. You wouldn't happen to have a digital copy of a service manual for it would you?

Back