Echo 750evl information.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good saws. Run a 24” bar, hard tip or whatever. Not speed demons but in good shape they are work horses. Fairly common saw, decent parts available online.

Couple more things to check...
Fuel and oil caps, vents, gaskets.
Muffler, cracks, missing hardware.
Stop switch, make sure connections are secure and switch is tight.
Get an IPL and check the mounts. Not a saw to run missing or damaged mounts.
There was a S shape adaptor that allowed for D009 bars to be used.
Oiler might need some attention. In good shape it will oil like crazy.

Yes got it this year
Its story is it sat on a dealer shelf until the guy died and his son gave the saw to a neighbor
Guy put new lines on it and ran it :dizzy:
The guy I bought mine from said it had belonged to his father in law and he knew nothing about it. It looks well used and slightly abused. I didn't want to start taking too much stuff off of it unless I have a manual or parts list or something.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

You wouldn't happen to have a digital copy of a service manual for it would you?
Sorry I dont
I have the oe parts list its sames as jacks catalog
I noticed the belled ends on the fuel lines. I've never seen anything like that before. This is the first saw I've ever had that has a horizontal cylinder. It just looks totally weird to me. I'm used to the spark plug on top and the muffler on the front. You wouldn't happen to have a digital copy of a service manual for it would you?

On the spark plug boot be careful mine the wire was really stuck on the plug and I ripped it out of the boot

It was almost impossible to get back in the boot I needed 2 to 3 xtra hands:angry:

The guy I bought mine from said it had belonged to his father in law and he knew nothing about it. It looks well used and slightly abused. I didn't want to start taking too much stuff off of it unless I have a manual or parts list or something.

Also you might be able to get some john deer labeled saws parts are the same

Sorry I dont
I have the oe parts list its sames as jacks catalog

On the spark plug boot be careful mine the wire was really stuck on the plug and I ripped it out of the boot

It was almost impossible to get back in the boot I needed 2 to 3 xtra hands:angry:
Mine doesn't fit tight at all. I took it off and put a new plug in. I sprayed some carb cleaner down the carb and gave it a couple yanks and it did pop so I at least know it's getting spark.

Good saws. Run a 24” bar, hard tip or whatever. Not speed demons but in good shape they are work horses. Fairly common saw, decent parts available online.

Sounds like you know them well
And more experienced than me:rock:
Thanks for chiming in

Thanks for the info. I noticed the clutch has a nut on it. Is it left handed threads like modern saws?

I have another question. The bar studs don't look right. One is longer than the other and the nuts were rounded off. I had to take them off with pliers. They were not flange nuts either. I put a new metric nut on and it was very loose do I tried a 3/8 standard but and it threaded on but was loose also. I'm wondering if someone has replaced the bar studs with some kind of threaded rod.

Clutch cover
4cf4e3323d7f6d687c2db0cf9016571f.jpg
6c03e65e70b1fc5fb1cde30a654ffb63.jpg

Heres a picture of my cover you can see its got a crack
20200916_211249.jpg

Im more confused then ever on the serial number dating I'll have to look at mine again
Im still learning
On my early ones it was a ul listed tag later on emissions tag with date
From my own research, they were built from 78-85. Pretty sure mine is 78.

If I remember correctly, they where also used by the German army. The person who broke it should get a medal.

evl means "electronic"= no points.
Put up some pics of the clutch cover, I'll see if I have anything laying around.
Hello , anyone out there have a air filter cover & pto cover for a echo 750EVL? is there any other models that interchange?

Latest posts

Back