Echo CS-2511T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Strokn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As many of you know, Echo recently released the CS-2511T. This is the lightest top handle saw you can buy. I am a die-hard Stihl guy, but when this came out, I had to have one. Let me tell you, I'm not disappointed! This saw is great for everything but the largest removals. It weighs 5 lbs and runs like a banshee. It will not have the power of a 201T, but I will tell you that it far exceeded my expectations and the power is very respectable. It's 25CCs. It runs like a bigger saw.

One of the big selling points of this saw for me (over something like a MS150T) is that it uses a .050 chain. You can put a 12 or 14 inch bar on it. I ordered mine with the 12", but I truly believe it would run a 14 just fine. The first thing I did when I got it is what many of you would do.....I did a muffler mod and carb retune. This thing screams now!

Bottom line: It's tiny. You've never used a chainsaw this small. Not even close. It's light....5 lbs. And it screams for its size. You can bury the 12" bar and it just keeps cutting. For $350 you can't go wrong. Get one. I predict it will be your most used top handle saw. I know mine is now.

Will have to keep this in mind if my 341 ever dies, Can't justify two top handles for the little bit that I cut with them. But I love my 341.

Thanks for the review. That saw has my attention.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
I believe it will become a staple of arborists. As much as I'm a Stihl fan, it beats the hell out of the MS150t and its goofy little 1/4 pitch chain. Echo doesn't publish their HP numbers, but I would guess it has very impressive numbers for a 25cc saw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since the CS2510t was released its been Echo's best product for the professional market. Despite plastic oil tank that can crack when dropped it so light it won't hit the ground too hard. I have 2 x Makita 231t (Yamabiko Corp.)which were THE lightest gas powered saws sold today. But I think the new Echo is lighter, besides the 23cc makitas rev to 11k producing 0.7kw & the new echo revs much higher with around 1kw+ power. FWIW O50 chain can be put on any saw despite what it is sold with. My 201 and 150 both have 3/8 050 chain on 10"/14" reduced weight light bars.

Since the CS2510t was released its been Echo's best product for the professional market. Despite plastic oil tank that can crack when dropped it so light it won't hit the ground too hard. I have 2 x Makita 231t (Yamabiko Corp.)which were THE lightest gas powered saws sold today. But I think the new Echo is lighter, besides the 23cc makitas rev to 11k producing 0.7kw & the new echo revs much higher with around 1kw+ power. FWIW O50 chain can be put on any saw despite what it is sold with. My 201 and 150 both have 3/8 050 chain on 10"/14" reduced weight light bars.

Did the 3/8-.050 chain turn your 150 into a dog?

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

I just got a 355t not long ago. Really like it. The weight savings of this saw make it very appealing. I've always had nothing but praise for my echo equipment. Very good stuff.

I just got a 355t not long ago. Really like it. The weight savings of this saw make it very appealing. I've always had nothing but praise for my echo equipment. Very good stuff.

I think Echo is on their way (actually probably already there) to being a serious threat to Stihl sales on arborist saws.

I think Echo is on their way (actually probably already there) to being a serious threat to Stihl sales on arborist saws.

I've got 4 saws, hedge trimmer and string trimmer/blower. All have been flawless. Prices are reasonable too. I own all brands and they've all treated me well.

I totally want this saw. It's penny for penny the same price as a Stihl MS 193 T.
I'm torn between the two, mostly because so many folks around me are saying there is no other brand of saw; "get the stihl and don't look back."
If the Stihl MS 150 T was in the price range it would probably be the front runner, but the $600 price tag and 1/4" chain aren't cutting it.

That Echo CS2511T seems to check all the boxes: sub $400, good power, 3/8 chain, light weight, purge bulb, I don't think it has a metal bumper spike though. I just need to see another thread or two like this and I'll lean toward the tiny echo. Thanks for the review.

I currently have a borrowed MS 201 T and a CS 330 T on hand for trying out. Both run extremely well but are just a tad too big for my liking.

BTW my main uses will be trimming and pruning very small garden trees and palm trees and I'm an echo guy I guess. I've had a weed eater for over a decade now and it has never let me down. I've been able to tinker with it here and there and all in all I've been quite happpy with it.

I totally want this saw. It's penny for penny the same price as a Stihl MS 193 T.
I'm torn between the two, mostly because so many folks around me are saying there is no other brand of saw; "get the stihl and don't look back."
If the Stihl MS 150 T was in the price range it would probably be the front runner, but the $600 price tag and 1/4" chain aren't cutting it.

That Echo CS2511T seems to check all the boxes: sub $400, good power, 3/8 chain, light weight, purge bulb, I don't think it has a metal bumper spike though. I just need to see another thread or two like this and I'll lean toward the tiny echo. Thanks for the review.

BTW my main uses will be trimming and pruning very small garden trees and palm trees.
The bumper spike is available. You must to order it. Same as I had to do for my 193t.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

I currently have a borrowed MS 201 T and a CS 330 T on hand for trying out. Both run extremely well but are just a tad too big for my liking.

BTW my main uses will be trimming and pruning very small garden trees and palm trees and I'm an echo guy I guess. I've had a weed eater for over a decade now and it has never let me down. I've been able to tinker with it here and there and all in all I've been quite happpy with it.
I'm certainly not bashing Stihl but you say weight is important. The 193 is almost as heavy as the 201. Get the Echo and don't look back.

Glad you like the 3/8 on the echo, I wish they sold it here with 1/4" as an option as they do across the pond. It's definitely my next saw. I've been eyeing a 150t for a few years but never could justify the price. Looking at the t536lixp and I love the battery saw features but its practically the same size as my t540, so a bit redundant there.
The 2511 hits the nail on the head in size, power, and cost. Now someone just make a saw that size in a battery model and I'll really be pleased.

I'm certainly not bashing Stihl but you say weight is important. The 193 is almost as heavy as the 201. Get the Echo and don't look back.

True, only a 14oz (so not even a full pound) difference in weight. I am a fan of the more forward, vertical support handle on the CS 355 T and Stihls T handles. The small Echos have a diagonal support handle. I'll just have to check it out on person to see if it's a deal breaker. Shouldn't be.

Have some info from a thread I'll share here. Havent heard a bad word about the little echo yet.
https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/echo/echo-cs-2511t/
Paper specs

CS-2511TES
Engine displacement (cm3)
Output (kW / ps)
1.10 / 1.50
Dry weight (kg)
2.3 = 5.07063lbs

MS 150 T C-E Specifications - Professional In-Tree Use Only
DISPLACEMENT 23.6 cc (1.44 cu. in.)
ENGINE POWER 1.0 kW (1.34 bhp)
POWERHEAD WEIGHT 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs)

bigger brother 271 Engine Displacement (cu in) 26.9 Oil Capacity (fl oz) 5.4
Engine Displacement (cu in) 1.64 Dry Weight (lbs) 6.6

Have some info from a thread I'll share here. Havent heard a bad word about the little echo yet.
https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/echo/echo-cs-2511t/
Paper specs

CS-2511TES
Engine displacement (cm3)
Output (kW / ps)
1.10 / 1.50
Dry weight (kg)
2.3 = 5.07063lbs

MS 150 T C-E Specifications - Professional In-Tree Use Only
DISPLACEMENT 23.6 cc (1.44 cu. in.)
ENGINE POWER 1.0 kW (1.34 bhp)
POWERHEAD WEIGHT 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs)

bigger brother 271 Engine Displacement (cu in) 26.9 Oil Capacity (fl oz) 5.4
Engine Displacement (cu in) 1.64 Dry Weight (lbs) 6.6
What is the 2511TES? Is that the European version? Does the American version have the same specs?

True, only a 14oz (so not even a full pound) difference in weight. I am a fan of the more forward, vertical support handle on the CS 355 T and Stihls T handles. The small Echos have a diagonal support handle. I'll just have to check it out on person to see if it's a deal breaker. Shouldn't be.
I don't have a whole lot of experience with top handles but I could see how the handle angled back could actually be beneficial. Could make it easier to get both hands on the saw when stretching to make a cut. I really like my 355t but I think I'll be adding a 251 also for less weight.

As many of you know, Echo recently released the CS-2511T. This is the lightest top handle saw you can buy. I am a die-hard Stihl guy, but when this came out, I had to have one. Let me tell you, I'm not disappointed! This saw is great for everything but the largest removals. It weighs 5 lbs and runs like a banshee. It will not have the power of a 201T, but I will tell you that it far exceeded my expectations and the power is very respectable. It's 25CCs. It runs like a bigger saw.

One of the big selling points of this saw for me (over something like a MS150T) is that it uses a .050 chain. You can put a 12 or 14 inch bar on it. I ordered mine with the 12", but I truly believe it would run a 14 just fine. The first thing I did when I got it is what many of you would do.....I did a muffler mod and carb retune. This thing screams now!

Bottom line: It's tiny. You've never used a chainsaw this small. Not even close. It's light....5 lbs. And it screams for its size. You can bury the 12" bar and it just keeps cutting. For $350 you can't go wrong. Get one. I predict it will be your most used top handle saw. I know mine is now.

2Strokn, I just picked up one of these and am wondering how you approached your muffler mod? It feels heavy like there is a catalyst hiding in there but I can't see it from the entry or exit way. Did you separate the muffler and if so do you just torch that solder/brazing until it liquefies and then pry up the tabs?

Any guidance and/or pics would be appreciated. I've done muff mods before but never had to open the case up all the way.

Latest posts

Back