Echo CS-341 SMOKER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of the new climbers at work was asking me what I thought of the Echo CS-341. I know there are previous threads on here and I've searched them all. Does anybody perform their daily tree work with one. What I'm asking is, when doing a removal of lets say oak.....will you walk your Echo bar around an 18-20 inch limb. Just a question so I can tell him legitimately what the deal is. I told him what he should REALLY buy...but neither are remotely in his price range. Just thought I'd throw this out there. Thanks a lot.

tony

That's a nice saw, but discontinued. The new models appear to be heavier and underpowered. If he can find one, new or used, he should snatch it up. They are quite durable also.

Open up the muffler on a 341/3400 and it will not be far enough behind a 335 or 200T to be a problem.

Last edited:
The new model CS-360T @ 36.3cc looks better than the CS-341 @ 33.4cc. I guess i will have to go to my cousins shop and give the 360 a trial run...Bob

It is bulkier, having lost that great handle position that the 3400 had.. And is most likely gutless for its size, due to EPA restrictions. And heavier than the 3400. But it has been out in Japan for a few years, so at least it should be reliable, as Echos have been historically.

For years, I ran the 302S and then the 335 ( if I recall the model name) as my tree saws.

Roger...when you say open the muffler do you mean just pull the screen out. If that's the case than I'll have him get the Echo.

tony

Latest posts

Back