Echo CS-3510 vs CS-361P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy has a ms170 with 16 inch bar and it cuts like my cs3510. We were messing around cutting cookies and in some 4 to 6 inch pine my cs3510 barely out cut that 170 like 12 out of 20 times I got beat 8 times. Now when we went up to 8 inch pine I was consistently a fraction of a second ahead. Out there cutting up a tree the speed difference would be unnoticeable. Now how well you work limbing is very noticeable. You got a great deal on those 2 saws. My 3510 I think was $250 new. My buddy paid around $180 for the ms170. Smaller echo's have gotten high. At the time the cs4510 was $350 didn't have a cs4910 but the cs590 is 399 all day long. 45cc vs 60cc for $50 bucks more.
There is definitely something wrong either with that 3510 or the operator.
It literally has some 40% more power.

Lol love the criticism already. There is nothing wrong with either. 😉 wasn't bashing just stating the truth. Don't need alot of power in 4 inch wood. Power came to play in the bigger wood.

Lol love the criticism already. There is nothing wrong with either. 😉 wasn't bashing just stating the truth. Don't need alot of power in 4 inch wood. Power came to play in the bigger wood.
I wouldn’t post a word if I hadn’t cut with both.
I also wouldn’t post a BS how 310 outcuts MS 211 either.
Don’t take it personally, I really do not intend to offend You or anyone else, but those two saws are notably different.
Takes at least blunt or overtightened chain or misadjusted carburettor to waste the advantage of bigger engine.
Sorry if I sounded rough.

I have cut with both I'm not offended just saying my 34ish cc cs3510 is barely quicker than my buddies ms170. Maybe if we had gone up to 10 inch pine there would have been a noticeable difference.

In 4 inch wood I cant tell a difference in cutting speed between my ms250 cs3510 or the ms170. Now if I timed them like we did with the 3510 and the 170 the ms250 might be a tenth of a second ahead

In 4 inch wood I cant tell a difference in cutting speed between my ms250 cs3510 or the ms170. Now if I timed them like we did with the 3510 and the 170 the ms250 might be a tenth of a second ahead
You are forgetting a very important difference. Your buddy's Stihl ms170 has a micro picco, narrow kerf .043 gauge LP chain. Your Echo cs3510 has a .050 gauge LP chain. You are cutting a wider kerf with your saw. If both saws had the same gauge chain, your Echo cs3510 would win every time.
The Stihl ms250 probably has .325 chain that is wider yet. Thinner bars, and chains, are more delicate, dull faster and wear out quicker. A thinner bar/chain combo will cut faster with a small power head. A thicker bar/chain combo is more durable

Absolutely right. I'm not knocking the 3510 it's a great saw. Love that it starts so easy 3 pulls or less as light or lighter than the 170, and typically just slightly a little bit faster. Heck in the little small 1inch limbs and under I think it's faster than my ms250 it maybe that it's just more nimble and my arms are faster. But its definitely a go to saw. I find that I'm starting to use it more partly because I have a 60cc saw I use for felling and how quickly I can grab it crank it and go almost without stopping. Especially with big tall trees with few limbs. Now if I have a big tangled pin oak I get the 250 because it has significantly more run time in the gas tank.

I had a cs-352 and did a muffler mod which gave it a little more pep.
Overall, not satisfied with the power of the 352 so I sold it and bought a cs-361P.
Did a muffler mod and put a 18" bar on it = PERFECT Light weight pro saw for under $450.

I take the 361p up the tree after the cs-2511t does it's job.

I had a cs-352 and did a muffler mod which gave it a little more pep.
Overall, not satisfied with the power of the 352 so I sold it and bought a cs-361P.
Did a muffler mod and put a 18" bar on it = PERFECT Light weight pro saw for under $450.

I take the 361p up the tree after the cs-2511t does it's job.
The CS-361P was marked down last year and is now only $350 with a 14" bar.

Latest posts

Back