Echo cs-450 new member questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric17

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi guys, first post here. i just ordered a echo cs450 chainsaw that should be here soon. ive read alot about them and chainsaw in general lately. this is my first real saw, i had a old 34cc 16" poulan i ran and abused for years and it still works, just wanted something with a longer reach and little more power. my main use is camping/hunting and cutting firewood. anyway ive read these echo are running lean from the factory and should be adjusted out of the box, any good videos on adjusting the carb? i have not done this the right way before, on my poulan i just turned them until it ran good and seemed to work. i also bought a echo because they seem like a underdog, i appriciate any help or comments if you have this model of saw, thanks!

Last edited:
Howdy, This is my first post as well. I would recommend learning what “Four Stoking” is when tuning a saw before going and turning any screws. I run all my saws a little “fat”, Meaning they all run rich and kinda “pop” at WOT. ( Wide Open Throttle ). I also run my saws, blower and 2 cycle generator at 32:1. I would rather loose a little performance and foul a plug then burn up a 2 cycle motor.

Best advise given to me was to keep your chain sharp, bar clean, nose sprocket lubed and let the saw do the work.

BTW: My name is Jeff and I love Echo products...

Last edited:
Just stay here for a while and soon enough you will learn about muffler modding and everything else chainsaw related, and I use trufuel along with regular gas to keep the fuel system honest

The search bar is your friend. There is a lot of good information and knowledgeable people on this forum but they don't like to constantly answer the same questions.

That thread dose a pretty good job explaining how he did the muffler mod. There are several treads on tuning and for the plastic caps on the carb screws I just thread a wood screw in them and pull them off.

Latest posts

Back