Echo cs-450 new member questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was removing my posts and didnt plan on being a member here but kind people changed my mind, if you dont have something positive to say or help to offer stay out of my thread. you have been warned.

mountainlake thank you very much, you are the kind of guy i want to talk to and have as part of this thread. did the 450 you modded have the offset cat? if so how did you go about gutting it? i think im doing to do this before i even fire it up. should i run it abit to warm up before i adjust the carb?

bye.

I have a cs450 and have handled the cs400, and to me the cs450 feels more solid and less "toy like" maybe thats the extra weight? IIRC the 450 has an aluminum case (i dont think its magnesium but if it is someone correct me) while the cs400 is plastic. This likely is the weight difference you see. When looking at the saws from a cutting only perspective i guess you could say the 400 has the upper hand being that they do the same thing at pretty much the same speed, with the 400 being cheaper. But when you go for how it feels in your hands, i say the 450 is a winner. The 450 you do not get the starting assist, which the 400 has. I prefer to have engines without it, again for me, a "feel" thing, plus its not needed for an able bodied male-they are easy starters to begin with. I wouldn't have an ounce of buyers remorse...

Last edited:
thanks for the input, i appriciate it. does anyone have a pic of the 450 muffler the ones ive found on here no longer have working pics.

GRotT= generell rule of the thumb :D

Cylinder hole = Muffler exit hole and then add spark screen (so 80-110%). Finished. Exhaust fumes that go straight = louder than "curving"(exist on the side instead of front)

I learnt it from nmurph. Just look at a bunch of muffler mod threads and then you will know all the secrets. :D

Latest posts

Back