Echo CS306 wont start unless I prime

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leecopland

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a very nice 306 that received a new piston and rings. This saw will not start without a prime. Once started it will start all day until it has a few hours not running. I've had the carb off a couple of times and all has checked out OK so I'm searching for answers.

Hi Folks,

I have a very nice 306 that received a new piston and rings. This saw will not start without a prime. Once started it will start all day until it has a few hours not running. I've had the carb off a couple of times and all has checked out OK so I'm searching for answers.
Define prime?

Maybe the purge bulb lines are back wards? are you using the choke? after it sits? you should not have to hardly press on the purge bulb unless its empty.... and if it empties after a few hours there is a carb issue maybe needle not closing? did you try lightly seating the lo and high counting the turns then opening them back up to where ever you started from.... did you rebuild the carb? weird it will run fine all day... then not almost like the purge bulb is not pressuring it....try switching those lines see if it primes and fires.....if not see if it still runs with a squirt of fuel like before if not put lines back and start from scratch ...or just prime it every time it needs it? LOL good luck....sounds like a pressure issue to me....

Latest posts

Back