Echo CS500P vs Stihl MS261 vs Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my take on this..

I spend alot of time with 60cc and smaller saws.

Do they all do the job ?..yes.

When some guys that actually work with these tools point out what they like and dislike about certain models it seems to be taken the wrong way , i like all these 50cc saws..i love the explosiveness/handling/speed of a 550xp..awesome saw...i like an ms261 for its air filter and robust feel , with a set of small dawgs its great for buckin logs to length..i dont think any one of these saws is clearly better than the other rather just better for a particular type of use..i cant get guys i know who are great cutters to join this forum because they have read this kind of **** here and dont have much intrest in some dude who cuts firewood a couple times a year tell them how it is..its a shame too..those guys would have alot to add here.

If it works for you thats great..roll with it....but give a dude some respect whos spent alot of time with them when he explains why he likes one over the other...it may just be his opinion..but atleast hes got a solid basis for his comparison.

The 261 is a fat pig of a 50cc saw.

The Echo would be my choice if cost was the deciding factor. Even though it doesn't have the power or speed of the 550, it is still a great saw for the money.

The 261 is a fat pig of a 50cc saw.

The Echo would be my choice if cost was the deciding factor. Even though it doesn't have the power or speed of the 550, it is still a great saw for the money.

A 261 is absolutley a hog for its size , but its a good firewood saw.

I would have recomended a poulan 5020 for his situation, with guys mistreating his equipment.

@Sam_choq

Very nice to read about other experiences.

I tried them , hes wrong..a well ported 346 is measurably stronger than a 500p..i dont care either way..it just is what it is.

I do like the weight of the echo though..seems like a decent saw...felt about the size of a ms 241 with my d*ck beaters on it.

You've ran a ported 500p against a ported 346xp? Vids?

You've ran a ported 500p against a ported 346xp? Vids?

Yes i have , i dont take videos ..and the 346 didnt even have any serious grinding done..base cut to set squish with the exhaust worked over and the key filed with a muffler mod and unlimited coil..its a stronger saw no doubt about it....i dont know if its a better saw but its absolutely a better performer..the kid that has the echo is sellin it..wanna buy it ?

Yes i have , i dont take videos ..and the 346 didnt even have any serious grinding done..base cut to set squish with the exhaust worked over and the key filed with a muffler mod and unlimited coil..its a stronger saw no doubt about it....i dont know if its a better saw but its absolutely a better performer..the kid that has the echo is sellin it..wanna buy it ?
I believe you. A 50cc saw who will outcut a good ported 346 is hard to find.

Nah, I'll have to pass. Doesn't sound like it was ported by the right guy.

So because of that, i can see it have a big difference between a cs500p and a shindaiwa 502 cylinder the exhaust port in the shindaiwa is much more big the transfer port and cover is more big and it's not made like the cs500p , the intake port is the same the carburator is the same every other important thing . Because of that the shindaiwa is realy more easy to tune you don't have to wait to she become hot for it .....and the performance is realy not the same . I clean up a cylinder tonight it will surely go on the echo for she can see what she was supose to be
sory they dont share the same piston the pin and bearing are not the same size but its the same bore so you can fit the 502 cylinder on the cs 500p without modification

Attachments

• Attachment 1.jpg
    Attachment 1.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back