Echo guys- what is the breakdown of their "commercial" and "consumer" lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These 'pro-quality' echos are simply non-existent in the harsh world of commercial forestry and logging. I wonder why? :laugh:

Im assuming you have the Zama Rotary Valve carb right?

Main jet is in the center of the rotary valve, may be a plug to remove to access the screw...dealer should be able to pop it out. For idle mixture, its on the other side of the carb, there is a little recess in the plastic carb layer, you should see a little port in the carb body, may have a plug in it as well usually doesnt..

Ive found the easiest way to make adjustments on these super small screws is actually to take some wire, and cut the end straight, and smack it one good time with a hammer, effectively making a tiny flathead..

The 260 with a muff mod and carb adjustments...Holy crap!

In case you haven't noticed... the old center mixture screw access (walbro) is now plugged with epoxy..... I have one on an SRM310U (I own it) that really pisses me off.

As for your plastic carbs.. let's see how they hold up over time. Walbro tried that in the 90's... on Echos..

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedogggie look at all them 4-mixers. I love those trimmers. I got a slew landscapers that swear by them. Got one guy who has 8 of em being used full time going on 7 years now. How many landscape trimmers live that long, only one that I know of, the mighty 4-mixer!!

BTW SAW, I was on the phone today. Got some interesting info. This is another banner year for Stihl. This past July, last month, was the best month ever in the history of Stihl. Can any other OPE manufacture say that in this economy, not likely,:cheers: :cheers:

And it only grows :agree2: :agree2:

And it only grows :agree2: :agree2:

Got that right ole boy. I checked my numbers last week comparing units sold from the same period last year. I'm up almost 200 units. Its been our best year ever at the store. My theroy is people are wising up. Its cheaper to buy quality once than to buy cheap twice,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Im assuming you have the Zama Rotary Valve carb right?

Main jet is in the center of the rotary valve, may be a plug to remove to access the screw...dealer should be able to pop it out. For idle mixture, its on the other side of the carb, there is a little recess in the plastic carb layer, you should see a little port in the carb body, may have a plug in it as well usually doesnt..

Ive found the easiest way to make adjustments on these super small screws is actually to take some wire, and cut the end straight, and smack it one good time with a hammer, effectively making a tiny flathead..

The 260 with a muff mod and carb adjustments...Holy crap!

Pretty sad when you have to mod something to get power from it.:jawdrop:

Why is the world's number one selling brand of chain saw not sold at Lowe's® or The Home Depot®?

Because we leave that crap to Echo...............................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEePijBdgJw

Another gutless echo wonder, the PB755 their most powerful blower. Watch as they have to push the sled to get it to move. This is some funny ****.LOLOLOLOL

Pretty impressive test, assuming the trimmers were broken in and adjusted properly, which is anyone's guess.

I'm thinking the characteristics of a blower may favor the torque/rpm curve of a 4 cycle?

Notice also that the Echo seems to have the smallest tube. I wonder how it would do with a larger one?

Last edited:
Pretty impressive test, assuming the trimmers were broken in and adjusted properly, which is anyone's guess.

I'm thinking the characteristics of a blower may favor the torque/rpm curve of a 4 cycle?

Take the shades off. It was all blowers :dizzy:

Notice also that the Echo seems to have the smallest tube. I wonder how it would do with a larger one?

Small tubes make for higher velocity (for marketing claims), but that doesn't move molehills.. err .... make that mountains...

In case you haven't noticed... the old center mixture screw access (walbro) is now plugged with epoxy..... I have one on an SRM310U (I own it) that really pisses me off.

As for your plastic carbs.. let's see how they hold up over time. Walbro tried that in the 90's... on Echos..

Havent seen one yet that was plugged with epoxy, even on new ones. Might just be where you live?

The Zama Rotary valve carbs, personally I dont give them 5 stars.., but they do work well, I just bought a new SRM-210i and man it really runs great. Put about 15 hours on it in 2 months and it just gets better and better.

The only thing that seems to hurt these carbs is rediculously state fuel. When one comes in with "orange gas" or "black gas" I typically dont even try to rebuild it...I just order a new one, saves time. The ones with moderatly bad gas do seem to clean up and run 100% almost every time.

I'm thinking that small tube is killing too much volume.

Then you loose velocity... you need BOTH volume and velocity... not "either".
MPH unsticks the crap, volume keeps it moving...

The thing I hate most about Echo backpack blowers is the two handed controls... I need a free hand.... even to scratch an itch..

Latest posts

Back