Echo guys- what is the breakdown of their "commercial" and "consumer" lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why is it that every other manufacturer calls their clamshells "Homeowner" models or "occasional use" models and Echo only builds "Pro" quality "commercial" stuff when half their line-up is "Homeowner" grade clamshells???????

Every Husky/Stihl saw you called homeowner was a clamshell.

Every Husky/Stihl saw you called Pro was a Crankcase & cylinder saw.

Every Echo I mentioned was a clamshell..... why the Pro rating?? :confused:

If Stihl had the Class C rating across the board, and the industries best warranty...you'd be singing its praises on here. But they dont..they cant say they have the endustries best warranty, nor the highest Emissions compliance rating..

Stihl stuff couldnt pull off a class C rating across all lines, so they settle for B...possibly even A on some of their homeowner trimmers...:dizzy:

The only reason echo can offer a 5 year warranty, is that the people who buy them dont need a real saw anyway so it will sit in their shed for 11.9 months at a time collecting dust. All the good echos were stopped years ago. My old EVL's are awesome. my cs6702 and cs8001 went on ebay after 1/2 a season

Show me a logger using echo, and Ill show you 1000 using stihl or husky. guaranteed the echo guy got the special bus to school.

whats that? echo make good trimmers? whoop de doo. cut down a tree with a trimmer.

The only reason echo can offer a 5 year warranty, is that the people who buy them dont need a real saw anyway so it will sit in their shed for 11.9 months at a time collecting dust. All the good echos were stopped years ago. My old EVL's are awesome. my cs6702 and cs8001 went on ebay after 1/2 a season

Show me a logger using echo, and Ill show you 1000 using stihl or husky. guaranteed the echo guy got the special bus to school.

whats that? echo make good trimmers? whoop de doo. cut down a tree with a trimmer.

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

So why is it that every other manufacturer calls their clamshells "Homeowner" models or "occasional use" models and Echo only builds "Pro" quality "commercial" stuff when half their line-up is "Homeowner" grade clamshells???????

Explain why the Clamshell, on lets say the CS-520, is not pro quality....

The design is simple and effective. If the need arises to do an engine repair, you simply remove the plug wire, pull the flywheel, remove the coil, remove the clutch, 4 bolts that hold the case to the cylinder, and off comes the entire engine..crank, seals, bearings, rod/piston, cylinder. You can then do whatever repairs are needed...

Lets say a customer straight gassed a new saw, and it needs a shortblock installed. I dont have to split the case to replace the crank, seals, etc....in fact the metal case itself is unable to be damaged at all by an engine failure...keeping cost down for and end user.

The clamshell design works. The bearings and seals are fully encased in metal, making it as strong as the crankcase/cylinder style used by Stihl. Bottom line is, The Echo method is up to date.

If a bearing fails on a stihl, you are replacing the crank, bearing, seal, and at least one case half...On an Echo, if a bearing goes, you just drop in a shortblock and be done with it...takes just a few minutes to do..

The case itself, we will call it a housing, is all metal. The motor mounts directly to the metal case. The metal case has the oil resevoir in it. Should the need arise to get into the oil resevoir, you dont have to split the case, replace seals in the process, etc...you need only remove the oil resevoir cover.

The rear handle carriage runs under the housing and connects to the top loop, the rear handle contains the fuel resevoir.

The Stihl design requires alot of added work to achieve the same goal.

The clamshell method is sound, it works, Ive never ever seen a single failure, and I doubt I ever will.

And just where OH where is Blackoak and mountainlake...they did their fair share of runnin their yaps as well. Hell, they dont even have half a clue as red....:deadhorse:

I'm just having fun with Red cause I know he can take it.... and he's stihl young enough that he may yet see the err of his ways...... soon as he gets off the that thorizene the Echo rep keeps giving him and wakes up. :laugh:

I'm just having fun with Red cause I know he can take it.... and he's stihl young enough that he may yet see the err of his ways...... soon as he gets off the that thorizene the Echo rep keeps giving him and wakes up. :laugh:

I know, I shouldnt have quoted your post there. That is my argument, nobody elses. Im sure they are skipping off to preschool about now.

Explain why the Clamshell, on lets say the CS-520, is not pro quality....

The design is simple and effective. If the need arises to do an engine repair, you simply remove the plug wire, pull the flywheel, remove the coil, remove the clutch, 4 bolts that hold the case to the cylinder, and off comes the entire engine..crank, seals, bearings, rod/piston, cylinder. You can then do whatever repairs are needed...

Lets say a customer straight gassed a new saw, and it needs a shortblock installed. I dont have to split the case to replace the crank, seals, etc....in fact the metal case itself is unable to be damaged at all by an engine failure...keeping cost down for and end user.

The clamshell design works. The bearings and seals are fully encased in metal, making it as strong as the crankcase/cylinder style used by Stihl. Bottom line is, The Echo method is up to date.

If a bearing fails on a stihl, you are replacing the crank, bearing, seal, and at least one case half...On an Echo, if a bearing goes, you just drop in a shortblock and be done with it...takes just a few minutes to do..

The case itself, we will call it a housing, is all metal. The motor mounts directly to the metal case. The metal case has the oil resevoir in it. Should the need arise to get into the oil resevoir, you dont have to split the case, replace seals in the process, etc...you need only remove the oil resevoir cover.

The rear handle carriage runs under the housing and connects to the top loop, the rear handle contains the fuel resevoir.

The Stihl design requires alot of added work to achieve the same goal.

The clamshell method is sound, it works, Ive never ever seen a single failure, and I doubt I ever will.

Ohhhh I see, so it really is just the orange handle that makes the Stihl models "Homeowner" Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Every Husky/Stihl saw you called homeowner was a clamshell.

Every Husky/Stihl saw you called Pro was a Crankcase & cylinder saw.

Every Echo I mentioned was a clamshell..... why the Pro rating?? :confused:

Who says clamshell is not pro? You? HA!!!!

I will say this..

If I took a CS-670 and made a jig, and a chain dyno of sorts, and ran a MS-441 next to it, both running WOT, with enough load applied to keep them both at 12,500 revs, with an endless supply of fuel, running both until they just totally melted down...I think We'd both be shocked as to how long they lasted.. Not saying which one would last longer, honestly I cant say one way or the other, but I think it would make for a very interesting test.

I dont think the fact the Echo is a clamshell, and the Stihl is a case/cyl style would have ANY effect on the outcome of the test...none, 0. The fact one is one way, and one is the other is really a moot point in functionality, it really comes down to service..because after they both melted down, Ill promise you I could have the Echo back running 100% in less than half the time it would take a Stihl Legendary tech to make the Stihl 100% again, and considerably less expensive too.

Ohhhh I see, so it really is just the orange handle that makes the Stihl models "Homeowner" Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

just because they have a clamshell, they are pre-determined to fail because of it?

Ever seen a homeowner stihl fail because of the clamshell?

Who says clamshell is not pro? You? HA!!!!

I will say this..

If I took a CS-670 and made a jig, and a chain dyno of sorts, and ran a MS-441 next to it, both running WOT, with enough load applied to keep them both at 12,500 revs, with an endless supply of fuel, running both until they just totally melted down...I think We'd both be shocked as to how long they lasted.. Not saying which one would last longer, honestly I cant say one way or the other, but I think it would make for a very interesting test.

I dont think the fact the Echo is a clamshell, and the Stihl is a case/cyl style would have ANY effect on the outcome of the test...none, 0. The fact one is one way, and one is the other is really a moot point in functionality, it really comes down to service..because after they both melted down, Ill promise you I could have the Echo back running 100% in less than half the time it would take a Stihl Legendary tech to make the Stihl 100% again, and considerably less expensive too.

COUGH BULL#### COUGH :biggrinbounce2:

So why is it again that no logger I have ever met or heard about has a Echo saw???????

Oh wait I know it's cause all the guys on the fire crews bought'em up...... no.... wait, never seen or "heared" about one there either.

Firefighters!!!! gotta be the Firemen bought'em all... for all those important rescues??

Hummmm.

So why is it that the guys whos lives and livelihoods ride on a saw don't pick Echo????? I mean all they make is the best product on earth right. :D

Latest posts

Back