Echo guys- what is the breakdown of their "commercial" and "consumer" lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not splitting hairs here, but didnt stihl copy that from the model 36 husky, 1991 :D:D:D

Na... Stihl released it in 1994... they had it in the labs for years. Husky spys (dirty stink'in rats) stole it from the extensive field test..., or so I've been told, heard, etc.. and rushed it into production :greenchainsaw:

I cut against the Echo rep at an open house I was through the log and on half way through my second cut when he gave up.
Then I wanted to cut against his polesaw and he went and put Stihl chain on it to make it cut faster. What a joke.

lol

yip. my old school 346xp std, racing a std CS5100. CS5100 has 10% more displacement... so i had that nagging "what if..." thought.

but I owned it and called it my b1tch. race after race. the top came off my beer well before he had finished

Na... Stihl released it in 1994... they had it in the labs for years. Husky spys (dirty stink'in rats) stole it from the extensive field test..., or so I've been told, heard, etc.. and rushed it into production :greenchainsaw:

rushed into production, 3 years before stihl released??? come on.....

rushed into production, 3 years before stihl released??? come on.....

required extensive testing.. and refinement...

hey, the 025 is STIHL in production (O.K., they changed the gas caps.. ) and is STIHL a top seller. Is the 36??? :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Red ole buddy I'm runn'n ya Echos in the ground, some of them are probably pretty good saws... a little fat and underpowered but probably decent saws.

It's just lets be real here, some of it is junk same as any other manufacturer, to say that they only build "pro" quality OPE is a farce at best and really an out and out lie when you get down to it. Just tell it like it is.... some good some bad and some in between. :cheers:

BTW my offer still stands to fix the best saw in ya line-up..... parts and labor.... noth'n, you pay the shipping and I'll fix'er up, she'll run faster than an Ethiopian to the dinner table..... Oooops sorry you're probably to young to get that joke. :cheers:

required extensive testing.. and refinement...

hey, the 025 is STIHL in production (O.K., they changed the gas caps.. ) and is STIHL a top seller. Is the 36??? :greenchainsaw:

You have any 211's in the PNW. It looks like a smaller version of the 361 without the split case.

Red ole buddy I'm runn'n ya Echos in the ground, some of them are probably pretty good saws... a little fat and underpowered but probably decent saws.

It's just lets be real here, some of it is junk same as any other manufacturer, to say that they only build "pro" quality OPE is a farce at best and really an out and out lie when you get down to it. Just tell it like it is.... some good some bad and some in between. :cheers:

BTW my offer still stands to fix the best saw in ya line-up..... parts and labor.... noth'n, you pay the shipping and I'll fix'er up, she'll run faster than an Ethiopian to the dinner table..... Oooops sorry you're probably to young to get that joke. :cheers:

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

Im just saying, if they make a bad piece of equipment, I havent seen it yet...

The only things Id change is the 360T, I would take the knurling off the top handle and give it a rubberized handle, with some finger indentions...And Id make the clutch drums on the 440 and up a touch wider. Even though I dont have any stalling problems with the clutches the way they are, and no one else seems to either...it just looks small.

I like/love all other aspects of all other saws...some may not.

Stihl, I dont like the chain brakes, I dont like the fuel lines, The master lever sucks, The air filters on the "homeowner" saws leave ALOT to be desired, The fancy leak-on-my-crotch flip caps are way overkill for a simple gas/oil cap. Thats just off the top of my head.

The master controler lever is a simple ruse to stop the complete idiot from running a real saw...:greenchainsaw:

For the rest, it really is quite simple.

Back