Echo guys- what is the breakdown of their "commercial" and "consumer" lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im just saying, if they make a bad piece of equipment, I havent seen it yet...

The only things Id change is the 360T, I would take the knurling off the top handle and give it a rubberized handle, with some finger indentions...And Id make the clutch drums on the 440 and up a touch wider. Even though I dont have any stalling problems with the clutches the way they are, and no one else seems to either...it just looks small.

I like/love all other aspects of all other saws...some may not.

Stihl, I dont like the chain brakes, I dont like the fuel lines, The master lever sucks, The air filters on the "homeowner" saws leave ALOT to be desired, The fancy leak-on-my-crotch flip caps are way overkill for a simple gas/oil cap. Thats just off the top of my head.

You just gotta be smarter than the caps. :laugh:

Fuel lines???

Master lever.... hummm, up is off, middle is on, all the way down is choke, yeah real complicated. Took me years to figure it out. :dizzy:

The master controler lever is a simple ruse to stop the complete idiot from running a real saw...:greenchainsaw:

For the rest, it really is quite simple.

Oh I agree...but listening to a bunch of people complain all day while I explain its function gets old fast...not to mention the people that just force it all the way down, then up and break everything...

The 360T has a Master lever, and people cant figure it out either.

Oh I agree...but listening to a bunch of people complain all day while I explain its function gets old fast...not to mention the people that just force it all the way down, then up and break everything...

You see, it works well. It just has to do with education.

You mean they copied something from Stihl :eek: say it aint so Red... say it aint so.

:laugh:

attachment.php

Look at the Echo sign on the portable building.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You mean they copied something from Stihl :eek: say it aint so Red... say it aint so.

:laugh:

side access chain tensioner, full 2 post chain brake on newer models, etc,etc,etc............

Just can't seem to copy the power though or the longevity..........

Originally Posted by Erick
Every Husky/Stihl saw you called homeowner was a clamshell.

Every Husky/Stihl saw you called Pro was a Crankcase & cylinder saw.

Every Echo I mentioned was a clamshell..... why the Pro rating??

So if the clamshell also has a metal case/housing, the bearings and seals are encased in metal, the motor is mounted directly to metal etc, and both designs are plastic on the outside, what is the actual difference in clamshell vs. crankcase & cylinder?

One other question about how the sprocket is on the echo (specifically the C.S. 520)- when he took off the bar cover on the M.S. 260, I noticed there is some type of ring around the sprocket to which the chain attaches, instead of laying directly on a sprocket (like on this craftsman). Is that a common feature among most high-end chainsaws, or is it a Stihl proprietary thing?

And B.T.W. what exactly does a "W.O.T. test" entail?

Lakeside53 said:
The master controler lever is a simple ruse to stop the complete idiot from running a real saw...

For the rest, it really is quite simple.

Red-85-Z51 said:

What is the problem with a master lever (or if not "problem" what are the potential pitfalls for the "complete idiot" L.O.L.)? Just not knowing what setting to start/run when cold/warm etc? B.T.W. I'm not seeing the pictures either.

Last edited:
Red, i'll get with the Stihl rep and we will use his machine that feeds fuel at WOT for 24hrs straight and we can do your little test. WOT at 24hrs straight is the equivelant of 500hrs of life on a unit.

Dare to try it....
C'mon Red, have your Echo rep call me.
Are you saying all Stihl saws will run their guts out at WOT for 24 hours and survive. I have seen several that were not to long from being set up at the local Stihl dealer set so lean that 5 minutes at WOT would have did them in. That's not the saws fault but the old boy that sent it out that way's at fault.

Red ole buddy I'm runn'n ya Echos in the ground, some of them are probably pretty good saws... a little fat and underpowered but probably decent saws.

It's just lets be real here, some of it is junk same as any other manufacturer, to say that they only build "pro" quality OPE is a farce at best and really an out and out lie when you get down to it. Just tell it like it is.... some good some bad and some in between. :cheers:

BTW my offer still stands to fix the best saw in ya line-up..... parts and labor.... noth'n, you pay the shipping and I'll fix'er up, she'll run faster than an Ethiopian to the dinner table..... Oooops sorry you're probably to young to get that joke. :cheers:

Eric I think you just nailed it on that post. I agree 100%. Are Echos saw up to par with Stihls pro series, not even close. Are all of Echo saws junk, No they are not, I have seen to many abused trashed out Echos that somehow manage to still cut wood to prove that.

Send them to someone that knows how to use them right. :hmm3grin2orange:
I was wrong about you Bowtie, the counseling that I suggested you take would a waste of the tax payers money. Have you ran across any of them rare Chinese Echos that you claim is out there.:biggrinbounce2: I'm looking for one to add to my collection.........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back