Echo SRM-2110 opinions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody said "entry level straight shaft machine". I don't remember it that way. The SRM cost a lot more than an entry level, box store machine at that time. Entry level doesn't describe that machine. Now, we are talking a long time ago, and things are different now.

motobike

He was talking about the Echo SRM-210 when he said that. That's Echo's smallest trimmer. Different machine.

Glad to hear everyone thinks its a good machine. I would like to hear opinions on blade & trimmer line head options. Echo makes a bunch of different line heads, what are your preferences and why?

Glad to hear everyone thinks its a good machine. I would like to hear opinions on blade & trimmer line head options. Echo makes a bunch of different line heads, what are your preferences and why?
I just got a 2110 as a Christmas present and can't wait to use it! Not surprised it was only made for a few years since there's hardly anything online about it.
I know it's been half a decade on this thread but hoping someone could enlighten me as to what the closest current model is?
Also curious on what is needed to go back and forth between a string head and blade? Anybody out there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This one is setup for a harness, but the seller doesn't have it anymore. I used a similar Homelite years ago with a harness and it seemed to make things easier on long jobs. The Echo did feel nicely balanced though. I ought to just buy it, but I'm not sure I wanna pay the $125 he's asking for it.
I ended up buying the Echo like yours, managed to get it for $95. Seemed to be a good deal for the condition it was in, and considering that a very similar new model sells for $339 locally.
Here's a pic

e2e2ysej.jpg

I was going to ask your opinion about the various blade & trimmer head options, but after re-reading your messages, it sounds like all you've ever used is one type of blade. Anyone else have any opinions on the 6-8 different line heads Echo sells for this model?

I contacted Echo and they said that this particular model was only manufactured from 1994 - 2001, so I'm not sure how you managed to buy one 30 years ago. Maybe it was a 'Back to the Future' kinda thing... ;-)

I see the OP bought the unit. I am sure he will get his $95 worth.
I saw that original 30 years post as well. In my case, I actually have a 1994 SRM 2110 with Bike handle that eventually started running poorly after about 25+ years. A simple carb rebuild had it running great again. Eventually it essentially stopped running well on hot startups after refueling so I retired it after picking up a couple other used SRM 3100 and I think a 210. I plan to pick up another used unit and swap another engine into the 2110, but after reliable use from 1994-2016 or so, I would say I got my money's worth out of it. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Latest posts

Back