Echo's small saws... reliable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.. you got it, TommySaw.

I see a stack of "Demo Husqvarna Factory Reconditioned" 16" 435's on the auction place right now with "full warranty" for $199 + $18 including shipping from Butler Power Equipment in CT. Not sure what full warranty means in this case, I suppose it's a 30-day swap/replace warranty from the dealer. This sounds pretty reasonable to me, although I'm not sure exactly what Husky "factory reconditioning" entails. If these really are demos (never left the dealer's lot), I'd have no problem buying one, although in comparison, a new 435 can be had for around $290 or so, which might be the smarter (and safer) buy.

Last edited:
Many of the "reman's" were purchased at Lowe's, used and returned under their 30 day no questions asked return policy. They have/had nothing wrong with most of them anyplace, just used for a job and returned for a full refund.....Cliff

It should be mentioned that, ugly as it is, the Ryobi 10532 has some pro build features you won't find in a Husky, at least not below the level of a Husky 353. Split magnesium crankcase with cylinder bolted on top, bar studs thread into the same piece of magnesium that holds the clutch side crank bearing...

I don't know how much it would cost to have one ported, but it looks like the 10532 that Brad Snelling built is one impressive little saw.

http://arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1567709&postcount=37

LOL.. you got it, TommySaw.

I see a stack of "Demo Husqvarna Factory Reconditioned" 16" 435's on the auction place right now with "full warranty" for $199 + $18 including shipping from Butler Power Equipment in CT. Not sure what full warranty means in this case, I suppose it's a 30-day swap/replace warranty from the dealer. This sounds pretty reasonable to me, although I'm not sure exactly what Husky "factory reconditioning" entails. If these really are demos (never left the dealer's lot), I'd have no problem buying one, although in comparison, a new 435 can be had for around $290 or so, which might be the smarter (and safer) buy.

If you check every day or two there's a guy selling NITB 435s for $189 shipped. I almost bought one about 4 times now. :bang:

I have an old Echo 280EP, thirty years old or so, that I inherited from a neighbor. It's very similar to the 310 tophandles they sell today. Starts on the second pull, every time, and runs great. It's gutless compared to my other saws, but it's a thirty year old 28cc saw. I would call it reliable.

Back