Edison Motors announces their pickup truck kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look up and real world reviews, you'd see that was optimistic at best range, I recall a car and driver review where they barely made it ~200 miles in one planned route between chargers.
That was an EPA claim but I don't doubt it. It was also a fair weather car, being such a novelty. People weren't typically driving it in bad weather.

Looks like someone went 560 miles on one charge in a Tesla. I didn't read about what they had to do to get that, though. There's a model S that has a 405 mile range, and another that's 396.

Lucid makes an EV and claims 516 miles on a charge. Even if you knock that down by 20%, you're still at 400 miles on a charge.
Unless it's all been real world tested, I don't believe a single epa rating, especially for the Tesla. the only guy I've seen go in excess of 300 miles in a model s had a tiny obnoxious generator hacked into the car to keep charging it on his trip.
Never heard of lucid, had to look them up, doesn't look real promising for them, seems they are loosing their arse daily. Didn't do an in depth search, but also couldn't easily find any real world reviews with that sort of milage in one charge.
Truthfully I don't care as it's not tech I'm looking at. Doesn't makes sense for how I drive or what I do. I just don't like the deception that every ev mfg does to inflate their epa miles per charge. Which has been pretty consistently proven for the majority of them.

There's no hydrogen fueling infrastructure. Might make sense for fleets who can set up their own fueling rigs, but the average person ain't doing that.

People complain that the power grid can't support EVs, but at least there is a power grid. There is no hydrogen grid.
That's true.

But, once there was no "grid". Once there were no gas or oil pipelines. What is lacking is the Industrial and Political will to get that done. It took people with "vision" and, of course, profit hunger, to push forward on those fronts. Government action, eminent domain, favorable legislation, subsidies in some cases were required to "grease the skids".

The "powers that be", Political and Business refuse to see the benefits of using H2 as a fuel, seeing it as a threat to their existing profit centers and cling to the past as if it could go on forever.

I'm not lying, that pic of that old Ford 4 door 4wd truck gave a woody! I will never drive a battery truck !
Here, you can get another 'woody'...lol

She's a heated garage queen all winter. Never seen Michigan snow or Michigan salt either. It's 100% pristine underneath and it gets coated with black lanolin undercoat every other year as well. Messy job to say the least. Full Gale Banks kitted including his turbo charger, no emissions junk what so ever, front axle flip and custom built and degreed drivelines with grease fittings everywhere. Been offered 35 grand for it, not for sale however. Camper NOT included at 35 grand...lol Lockers front and rear, ARB in the front (air locker) and Detroit Tru-Trak out back. What you don't see is what makes a good truck even better. This spring I'm changing out the steps and replacing the headlight's to non yellowing ones. Sick of buffing them out.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 1
These changes pretty much coincide with Ford bumping their combination weight to 26k lbs in the early 2000's body style.
My 97 F350 has a Sterling 10.5 in the back and a 60 full floater (Dana) in the front which I flipped long ago. I do believe my 97 was the last of the OBS trucks made, in fact I had to order mine. I don't like the post OBS diesel trucks, too hard to do engine work on. With my 97 OBS, I can still access the right cylinder bank without jacking the cab up. It's a bit tight but doable. The other issue I don't like is the stuffed back engine and short hood. I've always been a 'conventional hood person in big trucks as well so the OBS body style aligns with the philosophy with me. Besides, I like a hood, always have.

I'm not lying, that pic of that old Ford 4 door 4wd truck gave a woody! I will never drive a battery truck !You should try an EV or hybrid before you say that, My Rav with 8spd transmission will give you whiplash.

Hard to believe that weinie motor in any RAV can give you whiplash....lol. Maybe jamming on the binders would but that motor...No way Jose'....lol

Unless it's all been real world tested, I don't believe a single epa rating, especially for the Tesla. the only guy I've seen go in excess of 300 miles in a model s had a tiny obnoxious generator hacked into the car to keep charging it on his trip.
Never heard of lucid, had to look them up, doesn't look real promising for them, seems they are loosing their arse daily. Didn't do an in depth search, but also couldn't easily find any real world reviews with that sort of milage in one charge.
Truthfully I don't care as it's not tech I'm looking at. Doesn't makes sense for how I drive or what I do. I just don't like the deception that every ev mfg does to inflate their epa miles per charge. Which has been pretty consistently proven for the majority of them.

Tesla overestimates their range, and Ford underestimates theirs. I drive my Mach-E fast-fast and exactly meet the estimated range of 260 miles most of the year. I don't know about the other manufacturers. If I were to keep it under 65 there is no doubt in my mind I'd exceed the 260. But, I can't.

Tesla overestimates their range, and Ford underestimates theirs. I drive my Mach-E fast-fast and exactly meet the estimated range of 260 miles most of the year. I don't know about the other manufacturers. If I were to keep it under 65 there is no doubt in my mind I'd exceed the 260. But, I can't.
Glad you bought one, it reduces the stored inventory Fords has up at Rouge assembly off Miller road. Personally, I think all of them are fugly but just my personal observation. Certainly don't look like any 'Pony Car' I'm familiar with. To me, it resembles a Pony Car abortion. I was up there last week and they are still stacked up like cordwood.

Haha, yeah it's not the prettiest nor the ugliest car on the lot. I'm not sure mine reduced the number on your local lot though. My local dealer has over 150 of them on the lot now. I bought it as a beater / commuter car, and it does that quite well. I was annoyed when I went to buy diesel a couple days ago and the pump turned off at $150. I just left rather than re-running the card and continuing to fill it. I never have that problem with the Mach-E.

If I want to drive a Pony Car, I saddle up the Shelby.

80-gt350_at_rocky_point_473bb471d2e7ddef182e241549a5267ae250cc23.jpg

My preference would be a 500 KR actually. I still have the Road and Track issue where it was advertised for 3500 bucks delivered and one of the guys up town has a white one with blue racing stripes on it that I droll over all the time and it's not for sale, not that I could afford one anyway. Maybe he would do a partial trade for my 97 OBS 350 Diesel pickup truck. I believe the 35 grand it's worth would make a partial down payment...lol

Not on my local dealer's lot at all. The Mach E's as well as the Lightening Pickup trucks are sitting up at the Miller Road (metro Detroit) holding lot for Rouge assembly. The holding lots are loaded with them. Most dealers around here don't want any EV's at all. They don't sell and they have to pay floor tax on the unsold vehicles anyway.

Far as an EV, they don't work here as a local trip usually entail's some mileage and no charging stations either. I could charge one on my 220-3 shop power and I'd consider a hybrid but not a pure EV. Just don't work out here in 'Flyover Country'.

Buddy just bought a hybrid F150 the other day. the on board battery pack is between the back of the cab and the bed. problem with all of them is, the bed is about 3 feet short of what I require in a farm truck anyway. I require an 8 foot bed for farm use. He seems happy with his however and it's getting pretty fair mileage as well. Told me 29 highway. Not sure what engine he has in it, I presume one of the Eco-Boost models. I do know that Fords offers a few different engines in the hybrid pickup trucks. Not a fan of a hair dryer on any gas powered engine anyway and from what I've read online, the hair dryer engines have their longevity issues. Turbo chargers really belong on a diesel anyway. Turbo diesels are better built to withstand the added intake boost a turbo charger delivers to the intake.

I don't worry about the price of diesel to fill my F350 as it's a write off anyway as it's farm related. Like you, I can run the pump up to the imposed limit of 150 bucks, no issue and way more if I fill the in bed 150 gallon auxiliary fuel tank as well. More like 400 bucks to top off everything. I'm always tempted to fill it with ORD instead but with my luck, some EPA dude would dip my tanks and fine me. I read the fine for running red diesel (ORD, low sulfur, no road use tax) diesel was 1000 bucks for the first violation and way more for repeat violations. It's always tempting but with my terrible luck, I'd get pinched and a grand for a farmer like me is hard to come by as it is. Where I fill up, the pump has the on road diesel and the ORD on the same dispenser.

My 97 F350 has a Sterling 10.5 in the back and a 60 full floater (Dana) in the front which I flipped long ago. I do believe my 97 was the last of the OBS trucks made, in fact I had to order mine. I don't like the post OBS diesel trucks, too hard to do engine work on. With my 97 OBS, I can still access the right cylinder bank without jacking the cab up. It's a bit tight but doable. The other issue I don't like is the stuffed back engine and short hood. I've always been a 'conventional hood person in big trucks as well so the OBS body style aligns with the philosophy with me. Besides, I like a hood, always have.
They really arnt any harder to work on till you get out of the 7.3l engine. even then, pull the cab and its 30x easier to work on then any obs. I'm getting to the point (like I did with 70's fords) that it's getting hard to get good parts out of the yard for the obs style of truck. I'm gonna have one last hurah doing a resto mod with my 92 f-350 cc, but beyond that I'll just jump up to the mid 2000's body style. I can pick up a v10gas with low miles for under $5k, that price jumps up to and over $10k for any diesel, with high miles on it. Which is just stupid. It's still an old rotten pos at the end of the day.

Back