Edit:::Amazing Husqvarna dealer FOUND!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thank you again @greengreer . A month after I bought this saw the first dealer should of spotted the rings but they never even looked at it. It sat 3 weeks in Weaverville before they did anything after I called Husqvarna and they called the dealer. .
Not the first complaint i have heard from the Weaverville dealer..... Glad you got it taken care of elsewhere.

Glad you're getting a new saw. After a hundred hours it was probably getting scuffed up anyway! Good to see you finally found someone that'd take care of you.

The way warranty works is if the repair cost exceeds 50% of the value of the unit the manufacturer typically replaces the machine. That is not difficult at all to do with the cost of a piston/cylinder, gaskets, seals, (typically when one has been leaking a complete re-seal is called for because you need to split the case to check the bearings) new Deco, and especially if it is an older unit and needs the upgrade to the new coil and EL48 carb. Tack on labor and replacement becomes the clear choice quick. We have sold a BUNCH of 562s and for the most part they are bullet proof, very very small percentage of saws with any kind of warranty problem.

Joe

We are also an Echo/Shindaiwa/Bear Cat dealer and I remember one time we had a commercial landscaper client that brought in a PB770T backpack blower with an intermittent run problem. I pulled the covers and the recoil and the flywheel had been rubbing on the coil. Proceeded to tear the unit down and the crankshaft had spun inside the bearing race and was wore down 0.020" but the bearing was not locked up and was smooth. The unit was one month out of warranty but had no time on it as it was the backup in case one of the main blowers went down, we are talking probably less than 25 hours. The service writer called Echo and they denied it as it was out of warranty. So I called them back, got one of the engineers on the phone, explained the whole situation to him including the fact that this guys entire fleet was Echo but if I needed to I would start selling him RedMax instead. Echo did a policy adjustment and overnighted a new short block.

Joe

Onan18, All good info in your posts. As a 562 owner I'm glad to hear they have very few problems A friend of mine is an echo dealer so at some point I'm sure I'll own something from them as well. The dealer has to be willing to go to bat for you to make things right sometimes.

2015 model. Old one was 2014
I'm glad they did right by you. It definitely is a beauty, even though it's a "Huuskie", just kidding, I've never really had any good luck with them. Several have had a similar issue with the decamp valve, and seized bearings in the lower end of 2, of them. They just anger me, and the local service reps are a bunch of "Jack Wagons", all of my new saws are sent from Cali, my closest friend owns 5 Stihl Stores and service shops, so I get them how I want them, modded to top it off!

Dave6390 in WI

I am glad they helped you out you spend a lot of money on these saws it is great to find a good dealer. Just remember Husky tried numerous times to blame it on you and made a point not to offer help. You should go back some day to that dealer with a couple dozen crispy creams or the like they sound like they earned it !

Latest posts

Back