Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the 152 compare to the 346 husky, does it seem as strong?
My lawn mower dealer just lost Shindawia saws and picked up efco, it'll be interesting to see what saws he stocks.

How does the 152 compare to the 346 husky, does it seem as strong?
My lawn mower dealer just lost Shindawia saws and picked up efco, it'll be interesting to see what saws he stocks.

It feels stronger than my 346OE. It seems to keep pulling when the 346 drops off.

Will video them if it does not rain on Sat, my not be as it feels.

Great, now the saw troll will get involved and we'll never hear the end of how great the 346 or any husky is. At least the Efco saws stay upright while idling.

Had an Oleo-Mac 980 sitting in my truck when I came out of the woods today. That makes 1 Oleo-Mac, 2-152 Efcos, a 156 and a 165 plus 3 Efco trimmers. Got to change my name I guess. Only have 1 Stihl left.

Have you noticed filter blow by on the 156? If so, how'd ya deal with it?

Have you noticed filter blow by on the 156? If so, how'd ya deal with it?

Have not run the 156 yet. The 165 has the same filter and I have not noticed blow by in it. However I clean my filter every day, even if only used for 4 tanks. Done the same for every saw I have ran for the last 25 years.

This is the near new 156 I bought. The filter wasn't real dirty at all. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of a mesh filter.

IMG_5442.JPG

This is the near new 156 I bought. The filter wasn't real dirty at all. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of a mesh filter.
It's not clear from your picture that there is a problem.

Is sawdust getting into the boot ? If so, you may need to put a small bead of grease around the gasket surfaces.

The sawdust visible in your picture is all on unfiltered space -- not a problem, as long as sawdust is not inside the boot.

Only filtration problem I've had on my efcos was when an 11 year old boot got hard and shrunken and stopped sealing well. New boot fixed it.

Yep,fines in the boot. I did grease around it. haven't checked it since. hopefully that will do it. Sorry for the :arg:

I bought a JD version cs 46, back in 2003, And cut lots of wood with it. My only complants is; the throttle trigger hangs-up, gotta keep it lubricated. The other is the oiler, works fine but gets glogged easy. These prolems have exsisted since new. Other than that it's a great little saw. i modded the muffler and fattened it up. Different saw now. Shoulda done that years ago.

IMG_5442.JPG

There is nothing wrong in the pic. Air flow on Emak saws is backward to what you would think is right. The air comes up from carb area, thru filter from bottom into air cavity in filter cover then into carb. The dust in your pic is exactly where it should be. Look in your filter cover, if dust is there, you have a problem.

There is nothing wrong in the pic. Air flow on Emak saws is backward to what you would think is right. The air comes up from carb area, thru filter from bottom into air cavity in filter cover then into carb. The dust in your pic is exactly where it should be. Look in your filter cover, if dust is there, you have a problem.

there are fines in the carb boot and......

IMG_5439.JPG

just joking...I can't remember. I've only put a tank or 2 thru the saw.

Yep, definitely leaking past the seals somewhere. Grease is a messy but effective fix.

One of my efcos has the flocked filter and one has the nylon mesh filter. I've had more problems on the one with the flocked filter, perhaps because that saw is older and the rubber parts are perhaps a little stiff and don't always seal well. I recently started putting a little grease around all the sealing areas, seems to help, but admittedly it is a PITA.
IMG_5439.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Back