Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my 152- first day's testing left me BLOWN AWAY! This thing is awesome. Much more impressed than I expected. It started 4th pull from the box, now 2nd pull from cold and first when in use. I was cutting up to 16" hardwood that had been in 20 degree weather for weeks and it ate them up. I'm going to be using this thing all week and cant wait!

Just got my 152- first day's testing left me BLOWN AWAY! This thing is awesome. Much more impressed than I expected. It started 4th pull from the box, now 2nd pull from cold and first when in use. I was cutting up to 16" hardwood that had been in 20 degree weather for weeks and it ate them up. I'm going to be using this thing all week and cant wait!

And efco scores another one! Heck yeah man thats how they are.

Did all you efco fans see the MTD's new saw thread?
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/162432.htm

I guess this is sort of an update. On Friday a new 152 will be heading off to Timberwolf. Maybe he can get alittle more out off one. It will be a work saw for me. Will run it and the " long term" one to see how they hold up.

I'd lost count of the fuel by now, SC. I really appreciate the effort, maybe change the name to Efco nut?

Lets hope that is dead. We (Efco) really don't need that right now. If the quality and performance stays where its at while they introduce the EPA saws, we'll be in good shape.

I like wholesale priced efcos. I scarfed them cub cadet efcos up as many as i could afford.

152 full throttle check

If you are getting some time on the Emak 152s check the plastic end on the throttle rod. Mine was worn enough that I was not getting full throttle. Have plenty of ends on hand now.

Some of mine have throttles that are hard to push in, like it binds or something. I put some lube on the throttle rod, the part the trigger pushes in and all was well. What kind of lubrication is recommended for plastic on plastic?

New Efco saws

Howdie.....

I'm in southwest Indiana....Evansville. Menards sells them here. The service center is a proven Lawn and Garden dealer.....Gil's Four Seasons.

Just incase anyone around here is looking to get an Efco.

Got a rare Jonsered dealer here in Evansville too!

Howdie.....

I'm in southwest Indiana....Evansville. Menards sells them here. The service center is a proven Lawn and Garden dealer.....Gil's Four Seasons.

Just incase anyone around here is looking to get an Efco.

Got a rare Jonsered dealer here in Evansville too!

No offense but there is no problem finding efco saws. I would rather pay more at a dealer than get an efco at menards. Menards doesn't sell you service with that efco like a dealer would...they cant get you parts. Id import one from Canada at Canadian prices from stihl crazy before id buy one at menards...not that that would be a bad thing...just an expensive thing..lol

The best price for efco here in the US is from chainsawr.com and baileys....both are site sponsors.

SC, have you thought about a longterm test of Solo saws, like the 656? Could be interesting since Solo won't lean out its saws.

SC, have you thought about a longterm test of Solo saws, like the 656? Could be interesting since Solo won't lean out its saws.

How are them solo 656's besides expensive? Do they run up to the hype? Ive never ran one...let alone see one in person.

Latest posts

Back