Elbow and wrist soreness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that IS tennis elbow

Bummer you might quit this awesome line of work just to try to get rid of it...you'll likely find almost any line of work can irritate it as well though; I know a mailman who had a SEVERE case and another who is a server.

Don't get me wrong, we all one-hand from time to time but it's probably a good idea to eliminate that as a regular, every-branch, practice for more reasons than just tennis elbow. On those branches too small to rig I have great success with the snap cut...two hands on saw...then two hands on branch.

I'll step off my physical therapy soap box after this comment: it really works on severe tennis elbow.

Take care!

Cortisone

Cortisone for me anyway, caused more problems.
The cortisone injection only works if you take it easy with the gripping for a few months. It will take almost all the pain away, which gives a feeling that it's healed. However, in my case and others too, because it feels good, you go about your normal business and beyond. When doing so, you actually tear or damage that tendon more. Lateral Epicondolitis is caused by gripping, and usually twisting the wrist and bending the elbow above the shoulder.
If you can visualise a tennis player swinging, as in a serve.
Just my advice on cortisone.

Hi Milly, by what your describing, the pain on the underside of the elbow, for sure is not " tennis elbow " Tennis elbow, (lateral epicondolitis) is on the top front part of the elbow. Consult a doctor. I've had both elbows operated on
for tennis elbow. It's a slow recovery. Hopefully, you may have something that is easier to recover from. Best Wishes!

:cheers:

Cortisone for me anyway, caused more problems.
The cortisone injection only works if you take it easy with the gripping for a few months. It will take almost all the pain away, which gives a feeling that it's healed. However, in my case and others too, because it feels good, you go about your normal business and beyond. When doing so, you actually tear or damage that tendon more. Lateral Epicondolitis is caused by gripping, and usually twisting the wrist and bending the elbow above the shoulder.
If you can visualise a tennis player swinging, as in a serve.
Just my advice on cortisone.

The pain on the bottom/inside of the elbow is apparently called 'golf elbow'!! I had both at the same time!

Good advice regarding the cortisone, you cannot go out and resume your normal activities so soon after getting the injection!!
Also repeated cortisone injections are NOT GOOD in the long term. I had bad rotator cuff injuries from field hockey, in both shoulders, over 10 years. My orthopedic doctor said he would not inject more if I'd already had three in total in each shoulder - that's it, period.

Change of position, grip, massage, braces, ICE. And get on top of the situation EARLY. If it is bad, get the cortisone but it's not a magic bullet!

I can relate to all those pains mentioned. My problem right now was diagnosed by a hand doctor as called trigger finger. It has developed from mainly the pulling of the starter cord and especially (in my opinion) the expected aid of the compression release and it not working. Man, sometimes you feel like howling. My mechanic put a rescue handle on my 088 which gives a full grip but we broke that the other day. What I ve got makes the tendons on my trigger finger and the one finger salute finger stick on a bone and the finger gets stuck down. When it breaks loose it is like an electric shock. Just another repetitive use injury. I d love a lightweight auto starter. I need an operation w a 1-2 month layup. I ll probable never get it done and I ve used up all cortisone injections.

i am going through therapy now for it...im a welder and i use my right arm alot...the nurse told me that when you use your musles alot what ever seperates the musles wheres thin,,and your musles start to bridge together..thats the pain...what shes doing for me is spredding cream on my arm and rubbing it pretty hard with these plastic edged sex toy lookin things...trying to break up the musles..it can hurt a little. but its helpin..

say that nurse...whereabouts can i find her....? :clap: :biggrinbounce2:

This guys on the right track!

Arnica gel, lots of it globbed on, will ease the pain and help clear up the problem.

This fellow is on the right track suggesting "natural" supplements that can help. And those that suggest a massage therapist are 100% correct too. I have similiar pain/problems at times, and I rely on both of these for relief. You are most likely straining tendons, ligaments and muscles and that is causing your pain. A good therapist can listen to you explain what you do and where it hurts and "rub" it out and give you streching/strengthening exercises; holding ice on the area every night for about 15-20 minutes will help take down the inflammation. I also use the following supplements and they not only relieve the pain but they support your body:

Arnica Montana gel-rubbed on the area is an old and effective pain remedy.
Arnica Montana pills-sublingual pills that dissolve under the toungue several times a day.
Enzymatic Therapy "Myo-tone"-supports muscles, tendons and ligaments-these pills are great!
Source Naturals "Joint Response"-or any other brand of glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. These pills are awesome for keeping your kness, elbows and more in good shape and pain free.

At least look into these things and talk to someone at a good health food store near you-they work, have no real side effects if taken as directed, and are much safer and helpful than cortisone shots and pain pills, which can only make your body deterioate MORE!

Good luck!! ;)

Latest posts

Back