Elux turbo injection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rocky
I thought you were in VA.

Yeah, the "other" forum, what a hoot. I especially like the guy Brad who works for a Stihl dealership who does all Husky repairs and who has owned a 290, 310, and 390 and they are all fine saws. Oh yeah, the only time he sees any of these saws come back is for a "tune up". Wonder what that entails?

Russ

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Dang, looks like you're SOL Glen........ Perhaps if you actually had a friend you wouldn't be boring us with useless requests for irrelevent information.

He does have a friend, Beavergirl, who recently sent him a chainsaw to play with, LOL.

Sorry, I just had to add this after re-reading Brian`s post and recalling Cand(a?i?)ce`s post looking for Mr. Smallwood.

Reading old threads illuminated by more recent discoveries is better than beer. :D :D

Russ

well if shes got beaver girl as afriend ..
that be bout all id need. ummm.
now dont start no rumors ,,im just thinking thots,, that i ought not be thinking.. besides she apparently dont like my smooth style,, as she dont answer my post.:) she is a looker tho aint she fellas.. an handles a mean chainsaw too.

glens said:
Howdy all.

As some of you may rightly figure, I'm more of a Stihl fan than a Husky-liker.  Probably the main reason is that when I decided to graduate from the Homelites of my youth and only had X dollars to spend the (flash-in-the-pan) local Husky dealer wanted more for comparable saws than the local Stihl dealer did.  In small town shops that want to charge list price for everything, Huskies are more expensive than Stihls.  At least that's the way it seemed to me at the time.

Now that I've augmented my 036 with an 066 I find I'm using the 036 less and less, but that's not what I started this thread about.

Here I was, considering maybe getting a 372XP or so to broaden my horizons when the Dolmar 7900 gets the spotlight pointed at it, and frankly, I'm leaning more in that direction.  So it looks like I'll not be able to do something I wanted to try.  Maybe one or more of y'all will be so kind as to try it for me.

I'd really like to know what some resultant times are for a short series of cuts made back-to-back with one of the Huskies that has a filter cover which is separate from the top cover.  Particularly with that filter cover alternated being in place for one cut and removed for the next, then back on, etc.  It came to me yesterday that if the "air injection" actually gives short-term increase (works like a turbo-charger to improve performance by "injecting" air into the engine), that the saw should cut better with the cover on than off.  I'm guessing there will be no difference at best, and maybe it will actually run stronger with the mechanism bypassed.

The reason I'd like to see it done with one of the larger saws is so the the main top cover is able to be in place the whole time thus eliminating any variables <i>that</i> might induce.

I guess I was hoping for a comparison done with a stock saw, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks a bunch.

Glen

Kicking this old thread (with some old players) to the top. A good hash out of how centrifugal pre filtering works and whether it is turbo charging or turbo cleaning.

Frank

Back