Emerald Ash borer is in Minnesota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Some helpful new info here.

Also go to www.emeraldashborer.info for more.

All I have is black ash and probably only a couple of dozen trees between my two places. Do you have other ash species where you are at?
I'm no expert but I would guess they are white ash. IMAG1004.jpg

What about Green Ash? Are they pretty common in MN? I wouldn't know the difference.

The little buggers can fly so by the time it is discovered in one area it is way beyond that spot for several years already. I well remember the Elm wars and associated quarantines. The next problem already around is the Asian Long horned beetle - its diet is not specific.

What about Green Ash? Are they pretty common in MN? I wouldn't know the difference.
Look at the the leaf scars, if they are notched at the top (horse shoe shaped) it's white ash (or less likely blue), if it's ("D" shaped) it's probably green ash (but could be black, blue or red). Around here green & white are the most common with black, blue, & red being very scarce. Sorry about the lousy scan job on the attachments, not enough coffee yet ;)

Attachments

• Ash_ID.pdf
    295.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Ash_ID_2.pdf
    225.6 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back