&^%$#@! Employees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem insecure? You are the one asking for someone to tell you how to be a real man.

attachment.php

buff said:
I seem insecure? You are the one asking for someone to tell you how to be a real man.
:
Thanks for the tips, you are definately a real man, thank you, I was wrong in all of my previous posts, you are truly a genius, 8 college degrees WOW!
My generation sucks, I can't believe how wrong I was. Thank you for showing me the light. Because of you I'm going to start paying my child support and get off of the heroin and crack, and stop playing video games, and stop swearing. I'm even going to have all of my tattoos removed and I promise to get a haircut.

You may as well keep going like you are going. It is too late for you.

buff said:
Buff, after the ignorance and ineptitude you've shown in this thread, if I were you I'd be too embarrassed to post anything else. But then again, I guess you have to have honor before you can be embarrassed.

buff said:
Thanks for the O.K. on my life choices Buffy. I was getting ready to buy a farm and a 'vette and give up on it all...........................

I was hoping for more sound advice on becoming a man and all I got was a story about some lame-a$$ dead guy.

standin up

well a lot of guys are willing to stand up for a pat on the back, i might as well stand up and take the heat.
Born in '72, Im about as Gen X as they come. Shaved head, goatee, you know the look.
Mostly, I hang out at my folks house, or at my apartment, but since Kevin broke my Playstation 2, there's not a lot for me to do, and plus, Im in hot water with everyone there cause I havent paid my share of the long distance bill, and the phone's been shut off. I rigged up the cable box and I've been watching some cable, for free, but I wouldn't pay for it 'cause it all sucks anyway.
I got a job working for a tree company 'cause they were one of the few that didnt piss-test you to get hired. Its pretty cool, Darrin hooks us up with weed sometimes, and we got overtime. I like it 'cause not many people will do it, period, but the pays not great and I dont mind taking a day off now and again, like every week.
I snagged a set of spurs once and sold 'em off the truck, but it was fine, the owner shorted me on a paycheck the week before, and an eye for an eye I always say. I steer clear of doin side jobs on the clock, 'cause you will get busted for that, but I've swapped loads of chips for cases of beer or sold chips for twenty bucks.
As far as I can tell, I got hired to cut down trees and feed stuff into the chipper. I dont do anything stupid, like cut metal posts with the saw or feed rocks in the chipper, but I don't turn a wrench either. I'm not a mechanic.
I've always got an eye out for a move up the ladder. If the right job came open, I'd probably go clean for a couple weeks. I'm pretty good with the Latin nomenclature, maybe I'll slip into a bidder/estimator job. I've thought about starting my own company, but it's pretty hard on $10/hr to come up with the license, bond,insurance, not to mention the rolling stock. Hell, just a chipper and truck runs you like $60 Grand. What's the point? Then I'd just be another type "A" hot head with a cell phone and an ulcer and a four wheel drive.
The company sends us to a lot of stuff, seminars, and conferences. The free t-shirts are cool and stuff, and Kenneth won a free rope. It gets pretty rich at those things, though. Guys sportin wood about this rope or that saddle. I'm sure some of those guys wear their Arborwear to the bar to pick up chicks. The seminars are sometimes vaguely interesting, but how many times can you see a guy rig a branch off a cow hitch before it gets old? Then you got all the pretend rock climbers, that's pretty awesome. Approach shoes and enough carabiners to climb lost arrow spire, gettin all huffy on the internet 'cause some guy eight states West of him doesn't want to wear a pair of $90 kevlar German pants...
When I listen to all the guys gettin misty about the love of trees and puttin bumper stickers on their car, or wearing those "Ground Guys with Attitude" shirts, I just can't believe it. I'm here for the check. Nothing more expected, nothing more extended. If it was a different day and age I'd probably be clubbing seals or running one of those giant water guns for a strip mine. Maybe I'll just "slip" off the chipper one day and go on comp. then I can play playstation all day every day.
Anybody got an openings? I hold the speed footlock record for my area....

SPACEMULE......I am happy that you are off of drugs now. Just get rid of those prison tattoos and catch up on your child support.

buff said:
SPACEMULE......I am happy that you are off of drugs now. Just get rid of those prison tattoos and catch up on your child support.
That's not my writing there, buff. I don't have any alter egos.

Buffy, ya got everyone all mixed up...

You can't even remember who did drugs/ who didn't. You're blaming everyone for being behind on child support while no one has said such a thing. You think software developers earn 15 - 20k a year, and you're trying to compare your 8 degrees to Spacemule's 3 (where did that come from ?). You have , by your own admission,a great deal of education(in business and economics even) yet you let cash sit around doing nothing while it could be working
for you. What's up the the debt free farm???? If you have the cash flow and have diversified your investments (you claim you have)then you should be getting a loan on that place just to make some more money.

Unless...perhaps....money is not important to you. That would explain why you've settled for a 'vette, but it contradicts the 'sock drawer' and 'wife's salary' bragging.

What can I say? It's entertaining. Keep up the good work.
(sarcasm...look it up)

Now now kiddies, if we all can't play together everyone will have to get out of the pool and go home.:heart:

Hi Treechick, great to hear from another femme! Sounds like you need to find a new job! I can totally sympathize with you, been there, done that, oops, still doing it! I'm a lot older than you and I can STILL work circles round some people, drives some guys crazy!
Some unsolicited advice, take care of yourself, we love what we do, but find time for 'pampering' the odd visit to the spa works wonders! :biggrinbounce2:

Now, have those guys stopped insulting each other yet?

B1rdman......When I took my first economics class the professor said that at the end of the semester we would know more about economics and business than 97% of the people....after only one course. You are evidence of that.

all you useless putz's posting insults in here are starting to piss me off. I check out your profiles and they aren't even filled out. I'll bet you idiots don't even know how to climb a tree. I read these threads because I want to learn more about tree care. You fools are ruining a good thing.

THE RIPPING SQUISHER:angry: :angry: :angry:

squisher said:
I read these threads because I want to learn more about tree care. You fools are ruining a good thing.

THE RIPPING SQUISHER:angry: :angry: :angry:
May I ask why you're reading a thread entitled "&^%$#@! Employees" then?

what was this thing about????

oh yeah I had to go back to the beginning to figure it out. Jumper posted some good observations about the younger workforce The next few posts were totally negative about what younger workers want and how they work. Then it really went downhill from there.
WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF OWNERS AND MANAGERS and WE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO MANAGE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If you don't want to listen or can't comprhend what we are trying to tell you THAT"S YOUR PROBLEM not ours. If you can't adapt quickly in this business you'll be out of it soon enough.

If it was one of your sore heads that sent me the PM, I deleted it out without reading it. But if it makes you feel good, you can keep writing them and I will keep deleting them.

It was me...

buff said:
If it was one of your sore heads that sent me the PM, I deleted it out without reading it. But if it makes you feel good, you can keep writing them and I will keep deleting them.

I was looking for the college, course , prof of your first economics course.

Just looking to learn something new.

Thanks

Back