End of Year ArboristSite Awards / Recognition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I throw a shout in for Ultra, who never failed to answer a PM, or help me out with anything. He taught me how to include pics in my posts, and I am very jealous of his collections of 066/660's!

Lakeside of course for being the well of information, and the more than fair deals he has helped me with on parts and such.

Happy Holidays to all AS members, I love this site and appreciate all of you that do good things, you know who you are...:cheers:

I'm still relatively new to the forum but Brad, Will and Andy deserve kudos for their willingness to help everyone. I had some questions about my MS260 and MS210T and both Brad, Will and Andy were quick to help out.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I contribute nothing of value to anyone. :cry: I'm gonna go to bed now. All I have left is a fridge full of beer, some guns, a couple cool cars, a pretty girl, a good dog, a big stereo, and a shelf full of chainsaws. I hope Santa is good to me this year! :cheers: :cheers:

Seriously, there are some great guys on here, they're always quick to answer a question, or provide constructive criticism....sure, some are too worried about brand (Dolmars are best), or weight (anything heavier than mine is too heavy) or how much you should angle your back cut (85*)...but all in all, they'll come through in the end! Way to go guys!

chainsaw2.jpg

Four Paws gets a vote.....

from this Shindaiwa user. He has politely answered all the dumb questions I could throw his way and helped me build up my fleet of red saws.

Kyle at Edge & Engine has been a great source of info and parts, the service couldn't be better.

The rest of you guys that help out the mechanically inept, I didn't know which way a chain went on a saw when I got here and now I can get it right at least 70% of the time.

I must also throw some rep to Grande Dog at Bailey's as he has gone beyond to get parts and supply questions answered and I believe he's made a great effort to hear our suggestions and made the Bailey's site better.

Last edited:
I would like to thank all of you here for the patience you show answering the same old questions over and over again. My first questions were important to me but over the past year I have seen them repeated over and over again by other rookies. I have learned a lot from all of you. Even though I don't always have something to say, I always read and learn. I am still safe and in one piece because of your advice.

Thanks again

Lawnmowertech

"The rest of you guys that help out the mechanically inept, I didn't know which way a chain went on a saw when I got here and now I can get it right at least 70% of the time."

You must be included in this!!!!:clap: :cheers:

will i have not seen my name on here yet kinda makes me wonder after all i have done to help people kinda makes me feel discouraged inside

Dude... again... relax... there is a lot goin' on here, and there are a lot of people on here. The OP did state that some will prolly be left out. That is the problem with threads like this.

Just keep pluggin' away and quit poutin'... your contributions to the site are good. No need to get all worked up over nothin'... :)

Gary

from this Shindaiwa user. He has politely answered all the dumb questions I could throw his way and helped me build up my fleet of red saws.

Kyle at Edge & Engine has been a great source of info and parts, the service couldn't be better.

The rest of you guys that help out the mechanically inept, I didn't know which way a chain went on a saw when I got here and now I can get it right at least 70% of the time.

I must also throw some rep to Grande Dog at Bailey's as he has gone beyond to get parts and supply questions answered and I believe he's made a great effort to hear our suggestions and made the Bailey's site better.

+1 for Kyle at E&E -->excellent service!

Dude... again... relax... there is a lot goin' on here, and there are a lot of people on here. The OP did state that some will prolly be left out. That is the problem with threads like this.

Just keep pluggin' away and quit poutin'... your contributions to the site are good. No need to get all worked up over nothin'... :)

Gary

wonder if they will order briggs and tecumseh parts from me since im in the process of selling my briggs inventory at discount prices
for example a carburetor which fits most of the 6 hp motors on pushmowers part # 496114 that carb is $ 45.25 MSRP

my cost will be $ 17.99 on that carb thats what i will be selling it for on my store in that specials catalog i have if no one knows i have belts on there for mtd tractors and murray riders on sell $ 5.00 a belt for certain belt #s which is way cheaper than wal mart and lowes and home depot and sears

i even have them special made mbl belts i will be listing on there as well universal lawnmower blades will be on there as well $ 1.00 a blade

i found tons of toro and lawnboy parts in my bundle too i will be listing them as well on the lawnboy catalog

the reason i am desperate is cause i have truck payment due past due actually by 2 months and i dont want to get a bad history with gmac i just wish there was something that i can do to draw in customers from all over not just on arboristsite but those that use the search engines to find people if they only knew of my reasonable prices they can buy me out in no time

when you calculate how many briggs engines are out there it adds up quickly and tecumseh the same way

i even have a conversion kit for a push mower 4 hp briggs gas tank with new carb on the tank i am thinking about keeping it for a pushmower here to fix up for my own yard

and besides they told me i can do anything with the inventory prior to me signing papers so i told them im selling it dirt cheap
they are new parts but im selling them to get them out of the shop

so all i have left afterwards is a cleaned out shop i can modify some things in there will be set at Free no charge just to get it out of the way

you be surprised what im finding in there

i will leave the rusty parts and coroded parts for the trustee but the other good items will be sold at discounted low prices on my store

thats why i am willing to get these parts sold at cheap prices it helps the person buying the parts save on there purchase and at the same time is helping me reach my goal im trying to reach for

oh while going thru them parts i found a couple chain bars one is a old McCulloch oem bar that has the old Mc logo on it in the middle of the bar its open end to it does not have a sprocket tip but is open tip i am going to get my neighbor which cleans metal and brass and stuff for a living get him to clean that mac bar up and shine it so it will look presentable i think it could be a antique bar i have chain bars in there that you probily have not seen in years

so just letting you know

Last edited:
Back