Engineering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! In no time you'll have backyard tinkerers everywhere taking your name in vain!

Seriously, I've worked with a few engineers, and the best ones have a real world background. You should do fine.

I sent some rep your way, it was well earned.

Sorry guys that would be me, but seriously can't you guys start with a different part sometimes? Why do you guys all hold up a v-belt and then build a machine around it?:msp_tongue:

Still mulling around on the FE or possibly a Masters in engineering.... .

My reccomendation: Take the FE right now. (i.e. in October). I've known several who got hung up on the exam and over the years had passed the PE but still were unable to pass the EIT. (What they call the FE now.)

BS Mech Eng University of MN
MS Mech Eng University of CO (dang near killed me, worked 50 hours a week and had four kids 8, 4, 1, newbie when I graduated, wifey kept pumping them out for some strange reason)

However, I still rely heavily on my farm background as a kid when creating neat stuff.

We should all pool our resources and get rich somehow

Well, I accepted the job on Friday, will be signing the papers Monday. Very excited to be moving on and finally fulfilling what I have had my sights set on.

Not sure how long the transition
period will be, but headquarters wants me asap, and my current facility doesn't sound too keen on letting me go real soon... Between a rock and a hard place, but it's all for the better.

Latest posts

Back