epic failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pull my 090 over a few times everytime I get it out while leaving the kill switch in the off position. Coudln't tell you why, it just happens. The no fuel thing has happened once or twice though!

Heh! Worked around the place with the PU for a couple hours, crawled in again and no go. Good fire, etc. Finally had it towed to town. Diagnoses "outa gas but you had a full aux tank" I coulda walke under a snakes belly.

Harry K

LOL! Just what I was thinking.

Reminds me of a story.

Had a mustang, was really fast like 425hp fast. My addiction before saws, lol.

Pull up to a 944 in a nearby town, little punk driving it. Man itlooked like junk. Took off on green and he smoked me terribly.

Got back to town and talked to him, looked under the hood and it had a 911T engine that had been souped up to the max.

Man that lil POS was smokin fast! Embarrasing.

About the 361, man you should be ashamed for cussing out your saw. Poor feller. Wasnt it's fault the owner don't know how to put gas in. :cheers:
I believe the 944 Porsche has an automatic choke....

Just spent the entire day working on that exact idea...filling out Federal "KSAs"

OMG...

Yeah, KSAa are a pain in the backside for sure. The new KSA "questions" on the Avue application system are pretty strange too. One personnel officer in Montana told me to just check the first box every time on every question, but I know that isn't right.

LOL!!!!!

I did the samething with my near perfect 272xp. was running great all day (my buddy was down with his little weeny e-series 345.. cuttin some firewood for him) fueled it up after he shut it down...

tried to start, pulled the damn thing like 15 times, no fire.

then turned the ignition on.... lol. half pull later.

:monkey::cry:

Man, I only dream of going hunting in Alaska! Would be better than chainsaws!

Ah, I'm the lucky one... I live in Alaska, get to play with chainsaws, and my wood is in for the winter. Now I can go play! :clap:

wood1.jpg

wood2.jpg

I went to start my kx500 about a year ago and on the fifth kick I was wondering what is going on. Looked in the tank and it was empty.

I think we'll be fine... the pile's about 7' high, 5' wide and 14' long. The shed's a lot bigger than it looks. And see that bulged out door? Guess why?! :dizzy:

Besides, cuttin' and splittin' can only cut into SO much of my summer! I mean there's fish to catch!

stihls are notorious hard starters when out of fuel.this is something i wish stihl would address on their newer models.

btw, been there done that.

Yeah, KSAa are a pain in the backside for sure. The new KSA "questions" on the Avue application system are pretty strange too. One personnel officer in Montana told me to just check the first box every time on every question, but I know that isn't right.

This is my first rodeo with that stuff - turns out that these weren't normal KSAs, it was just 40 essay questions about everything that I have done professionally for the last 25 years...OMG.

In other words, it was several days of creative writing that will be verified...

Nice job if'n I get it! If not, I got two new leads this morning, city, not federal...still not bad.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back