Estwing or Fiskars ax?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Ax power

I prefere the shorter handle of the X25 and the original "super splitter" - but that is up to each user! If I split on the ground, my opinion would likely be different, but I don't like to do that......:msp_smile:

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/191169.htm

The whole thread is cool, and check out the vids. Scroll way down, and you can see where I duplicated this dudes "split the match" trick. I'm still waiting for anyone else here to try it. I did it with my fiskars original supersplitter on the sixth swing. Pics and everything.

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I've sure whacked a lot of metal and plastic wedges with a fiskars 28" chopping axe and never had the first issue with either damage to the axe or the various wedges of any make. The handle material is so superior to hickory for general work where it will get damaged that I have never had to replace the tool, where as, every cutter that I know that uses a hickory handled axe is always replacing them due to breakage.

I just got a new little 23" Fiskars X15 and I like it better than the 28" axe, for use in either driving wedges or chopping out of the pinch.

Sam

Slamm's opinion is valid. Then again you know what they say about bull riders. They're numb on both ends. :laugh:

wolfcoln

wolfcoln

ArboristSite Operative
I have both Fiskars and Estwing hatchets and they both have their place. The Fiskars is light for the woods and the Estwing I keep next to the fire place. Sthl has a hand ax, but it is really heavy and I just keep it in my truck tool box for other things. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts