Ethanol Laced Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete M - Production of ethanol only uses the starch from the corn (wheat, barley, etc) and all of the protein is still available, commonly used for cattle and other livestock feeds.

Mark

Yes, and what that means is that after the alcohol is made the remaining corn product is sold as a protein supplement to add to livestock feeds. So, after the corn is used to make alcohol it is not 'gone' or used up, it still has feed value.

The city I work for still buys straight gas. Salesman doesnt know how much longer we will be able to get it. Im not sure why we buy it but I like it I can leave equipment sit around 6 months and it starts right up.:)

How do they know for sure its straight gas? I work in a refinery that supplies gas to the Cleveland area and all of our gasoline now has Ethanol in it...Bob

You couldn't pay me to run that tainted fuel in my saws!

:deadhorse:

This dead horse has been beat a few times around here and I don't really see the point in digging the poor thing up and kicking it again.

llama.gif
Run away skippy run like the wind!! :laugh:

These ethanol threads have been reduced to pure entertainment value for most of us and rank right up there with the oil threads.

I've made it clear in the past that I prefer my ethanol aged in an oak barrel. :cheers:

Alcohol is for drinking and racing....not commuting

Mark
Steve here... Take me thru then how the E85 vehicles are rated with lower gas mileage ratings, than gas
My own vehicles get better mileage with non reformulated, about a mile per gallon
Why does a hot saw then need the jets doubled in size to make good power on alcohol
Steven
my2cents

The addition of 10% ethanol does not result in 10% reduction in fuel economy, actual difference in heat content between 100% gasoline and 10% ethanol blend is around 2%. DOE study showed that cars running between 20 and 40% ethanol blend actually achieved better mileage.

Mark

Give up pump gas and get AVGAS 100LL.

Patrick62 said:
Just what we needed, another gas thread!

This year I am running 100LL. It even smells like real gas!
Four Paws said:
If you want real gas, go to the airport.
Doesn't Av Gas have lead in it? Will lead hurt anything in a late model saw motor? Is there any advantage to leaded?

I run 100 octane unleaded Sunoco fuel in all my 2-strokes but I can get 110 octane leaded if there is any advantage. Both fuels are $8.99 gallon as of yesterday.

Doesn't Av Gas have lead in it? Will lead hurt anything in a late model saw motor? Is there any advantage to leaded?

I run 100 octane unleaded Sunoco fuel in all my 2-strokes but I can get 110 octane leaded if there is any advantage. Both fuels are $8.99 gallon as of yesterday.

Last week I ask a guy at work, that buys his stock-car fuel at airport.
He said it was lead free..........$4.50 per gallon.

Gary

Gary
Wow, thats cheap for Av Gas. I bought it in 2003 to run at the 1/4 mile track and it cost me $5 gal then. If I remember right I was told it had lead in it (about the time I was having multiple O2 sensor failures on my electronic fuel injected car}. If so maybe they have phased the lead out recently for EPA or something.:confused:

I would rather get 10% less gas for the same money than have it laced with 10% ethanol.What's your thoughts on that.:mad:
That's funny. I'd buy 20% (or whatever it takes) if I thought I was putting an oil well in the middle east out of business.

I think it's disgusting that agricultural land should be turned over to fuel production anyway. What a waste.
I think it's disgusting paying people for a product that hate or guts! I wish we'd turn more ag land into ethanol production and quit supplying cheap food for the world.

Gary

Are you sure? I though AVGAS 100LL was low lead vs. no lead. I can't imagine a little lead hurts a chainsaw since it's a lubricant.

Are you sure? I though AVGAS 100LL was low lead vs. no lead. I can't imagine a little lead hurts a chainsaw since it's a lubricant.
I hope it won't hurt. I ran a couple of tanks of Sunoco 110 octane leaded racing gas with Stihl HP Ultra oil this weekend in my ms660 and some in my 018C and it ran real good. :chainsaw:

Last edited:
I like 100LowLead but I would not run it in a catalytic muffler on a chainsaw or a converter on an auto.
I agree, but since the MS660 has no converter I figured I'd give the 110 leaded a try. Also on a fuel injected automotive application the leaded fuel will also trash the O2 sensor / sensors.

Gary

Guy at work was WRONG........After searching on-line 100LL is Low Lead.........for Air Planes, but has way more lead in it than
the gas we bought for are cars

I did go buy 6 gallons, it was $4.69 per gallon. Only saw I have put
it in so far is MS180. 100LL dose run richer, 180 when first started,
always acted lean.....with 100LL it start's in two less pulls when cold
now, by tach WOT it turned 14,800 to 15,000 rpm, with 100LL
WOT it now runs 13,800 to 14,000 rpm.

Gary

I hope it won't hurt. I ran a couple of tanks of Sunoco 110 octane leaded racing gas with Stihl HP Ultra oil this weekend in my ms660 and some in my 018C and it ran real good. :chainsaw:

Won't hurt your saw.The ethanol fuel does!Especually if it's a high reving saw.Ethanol also damages rubber and plastic parts.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back