Even with the rain...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...coming on-and-off I did manage to get about 2 cord split and hauled up out of the woodlot this past weekend. That's the small Oak of the foursome... figuring to have around 10-12 cord of Oak when I'm done. And should probably get somewhere around 3-4 cord from the big sugar maple also. Then I'll go to work on a few of the standing-dead elm and such for burning early season...

I AIN"T GONNA'... I REFUSE TO BE OUT IN THE BLIZZARDS CUTTIN', SPLITTIN' AND HAULIN' NEXT WINTER!

attachment.php

Where that stack at? Will be up your way fishing this weekend and can't haul fire wood anymore. Staying at Chimney Rock campground, anywhere close I can cut some? Thanks

ancy,
You'd be lookin' at almost a two-hour drive to my place from that campground, and two-hours back... plus the cuttin' time. And, that Oak ain't seasoned, way too green for burnin'.

I am sure I will find a spot some where. I am not buying a little bundle of wood at Kum n Go for $4.99 though.

ancy,
What direction would you be coming from?
I'm just off the Avenue Of The Saints, on the Cedar River between the little town of Nashua and Charles City. There's a lot of easy-to-get-at blow-downs in my woodlot, some of it better than other... mostly elm and box elder. Maybe you'll be driving right past me on your way?

Latest posts

Back