Ex Davey 97' F450 4x4 chip truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would love to know more about that rig, like if the t case is divorced mounted. You could ditch the 460 and put a DT360 in it with an RTO-6610 and have a nice little truck that could pull loads along side most medium duty rigs. Those F-Superduty chassis trucks of that era are one heck of a mean unit. The only thing to watch out for is the diesel ones will be out lawed in California in the next year or two so there should be some nice rust free medium duty rigs coming out of the smog nazi state and headed towards the other 47 in the lower Continental U.S.

Yeah, I would love to know more about that rig, like if the t case is divorced mounted. You could ditch the 460 and put a DT360 in it with an RTO-6610 and have a nice little truck that could pull loads along side most medium duty rigs. Those F-Superduty chassis trucks of that era are one heck of a mean unit. The only thing to watch out for is the diesel ones will be out lawed in California in the next year or two so there should be some nice rust free medium duty rigs coming out of the smog nazi state and headed towards the other 47 in the lower Continental U.S.

We east coasters have no chance of seeing them , they will all be picked thru and picked clean by the time they funnel over here

Heres some info on t-Case.

Going to leave 460 gasser in there, CA, C.A.R.B wants older diesels gone, unless you want to put in a 2010 diesel motor and up in there..$$$...that would be legal in above 14k GVW...14k and lower trucks are exempt for now....sheeesh, I hope Im getting this right, its all confusing....I will try to copy and paste CARB page on this matter

MHtcase_zps4143810f.jpg

Heres some info on t-Case.

Going to leave 460 gasser in there, CA, C.A.R.B wants older diesels gone, unless you want to put in a 2010 diesel motor and up in there..$$$...that would be legal in above 14k GVW...14k and lower trucks are exempt for now....sheeesh, I hope Im getting this right, its all confusing....I will try to copy and paste CARB page on this matter

MHtcase_zps4143810f.jpg

Is that the build sheet for the truck ?

Here it is, its in good condish, needs a few odds and ends like plugs, wires, check fluids in diff, trans, t-case ect..

009-2_zps51e1a152.jpg

Here it is, its in good condish, needs a few odds and ends like plugs, wires, check fluids in diff, trans, t-case ect..

009-2_zps51e1a152.jpg

It always amazes me when I see older trucks from cali or down south somewhere, when they reach that age up here they are just piles of rust. Keep your credit card handy at the pumps and have fun with those spark plugs! Seriously, the hardest one to reach will be the one that breaks!

It always amazes me when I see older trucks from cali or down south somewhere, when they reach that age up here they are just piles of rust. Keep your credit card handy at the pumps and have fun with those spark plugs! Seriously, the hardest one to reach will be the one that breaks!

LOL, ya, those plugs look hard to get at

I'd feel happy to be the owner of that truck. Looks good.

An old school 450 with 4x4 , yea we would all like to have one , I had a 89 that I wanted to convert and when faced with the price to do the work to a 26 year old truck I opted out . I wanted him to ask for one for me , but it was the only one

LOL, ya, those plugs look hard to get at

Funny Blakes mentioned what he did, last week i was leaving a job, hit a huge a#$ puddle, truck starting running rough. One of the wires had a slight crack in it. Next day i go to the autoparts store and picked up some new wires, plugs, dist cap. First one on the passenger side near the back cam off and easy to get at, second one i get to, took off the boot........guess what came with it! The plugs porcelein came right out,all that was left was the threads going into the cylinder.......WTF times 100!!!!! Now I am pissed, go to the next cylinder......same freakin thing. i couldn't believe it!!!! I have only owned the truck for a year and a half. Every other plug was easy to get at and man, the tardo that owned it before me i don't think ever changed the plugs.....ever! the rest of the plugs the electrodes were all shot and missing! Basically the truck was only running on half the engine!!!! So had to get it towed to the garage I use when I can't fix something myself. They got the 2 threads out with the extractor tool they have with minimal cost. Did a compression test as I asked them and everythings good and strong! I was s#$#%g my pants when this happened!!! Now it's like a brand new truck and runs very strong. ( I thought it did before) If I ever bought another i would get the owner to change all this before hand. I was lucky and they got threads out with taking off the heads

Funny Blakes mentioned what he did, last week i was leaving a job, hit a huge a#$ puddle, truck starting running rough. One of the wires had a slight crack in it. Next day i go to the autoparts store and picked up some new wires, plugs, dist cap. First one on the passenger side near the back cam off and easy to get at, second one i get to, took off the boot........guess what came with it! The plugs porcelein came right out,all that was left was the threads going into the cylinder.......WTF times 100!!!!! Now I am pissed, go to the next cylinder......same freakin thing. i couldn't believe it!!!! I have only owned the truck for a year and a half. Every other plug was easy to get at and man, the tardo that owned it before me i don't think ever changed the plugs.....ever! the rest of the plugs the electrodes were all shot and missing! Basically the truck was only running on half the engine!!!! So had to get it towed to the garage I use when I can't fix something myself. They got the 2 threads out with the extractor tool they have with minimal cost. Did a compression test as I asked them and everythings good and strong! I was s#$#%g my pants when this happened!!! Now it's like a brand new truck and runs very strong. ( I thought it did before) If I ever bought another i would get the owner to change all this before hand. I was lucky and they got threads out with taking off the heads

So basically you scored a new truck by simply changing plugs ... Congratulations ! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back