EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working the math Murph and added all of your videos and photos and the total came to a small percentage of what should be called 'Extreme precision falling'.

Here's extreme precision felling:

attachment.php

I talked to Roger about that... he said he had a 14' window at 63 feet... My 4' window was at 50', though his was a bigger tree, mine was a tighter drop.. Noticed he called Dave to do the felling ... and of course Dave hit it dead center.. which really any good faller will say, is no big deal.. Its only when there is valuable property in the mix that people get all worked up. I've had some thanks be to God moments with heavy backleaners and such, BUT I never fall to my knees in prayer.. cause I wouldn't have made the cut if I didn't expect it to work...

I talked to Roger about that... he said he had a 14' window at 63 feet... My 4' window was at 50', though his was a bigger tree, mine was a tighter drop.. Noticed he called Dave to do the felling ... and of course Dave hit it dead center.. which really any good faller will say, is no big deal.. Its only when there is valuable property in the mix that people get all worked up. I've had some thanks be to God moments with heavy backleaners and such, BUT I never fall to my knees in prayer.. cause I wouldn't have made the cut if I didn't expect it to work...

Your humility is truly remarkable.

I was working the math Murph and added all of your videos and photos and the total came to a small percentage of what should be called 'Extreme precision falling'.

attachment.php

Looks like he hit the road though. Pretty sure that means he's a terrible cutter. :dizzy:

Looks like he hit the road though. Pretty sure that means he's a terrible cutter. :dizzy:

LOL, Yeah I imagine the "brush" end may have grazed the road??? But given the fact that he has true talent & can really do an "extreme Precision" drop....well that can be forgiven!! Ya just got to wonder why he dont do "instructional" videos :laugh:

Ooooh thats right, theres this guy out east in PA who does that stuff.....just on a much smaller scale, has alot of fans that think he`s the best :msp_love: we call em wood riders! LMFAO....

LXT...............

LOL, Yeah I imagine the "brush" end may have grazed the road??? But given the fact that he has true talent & can really do an "extreme Precision" drop....well that can be forgiven!! Ya just got to wonder why he dont do "instructional" videos :laugh:

Ooooh thats right, theres this guy out east in PA who does that stuff.....just on a much smaller scale, has alot of fans that think he`s the best :msp_love: we call em wood riders! LMFAO....

LXT...............

lol. That's funny, but srsly, the way you talk, smackin one in the street is a jailable offense. #### your culdesac, that's where my tree goes.

lol. That's funny, but srsly, the way you talk, smackin one in the street is a jailable offense. #### your culdesac, that's where my tree goes.

Well Blakes...... where I live if you drop a 30-40ft spar of sizeable DBH into the street, SERIOUSLY.....they will say #### you & here is your fine, if thats permittable out your way....then I need to move to where being professional means just droppin em anywhere...LMFAO Whats the matter officer? nobody needed to drive down this PUBLIC road anyway, some cold/hot patch will have that fixed in a jiff.....I thought it was legal to block a road with a purposely dropped tree.... :laugh:

it must be quite a site to watch a tree care operation out where droppin em on the road is cool......like a bunch of hillbillies!!! Yep our trade is improving leaps & bounds!!! I think the tree care mags otta showcase that kinda stuff.......LOL

I know....an article on proper pruning by leaving stubs & extrem precision felling by dropping trees into the Interstate!!! a true CEU article there.................LMFAO

LXT............

Last edited:
Well Blakes...... where I live if you drop a 30-40ft spar of sizeable DBH into the street, SERIOUSLY.....they will say #### you & here is your fine, if thats permittable out your way....then I need to move to where being professional means just droppin em anywhere...LMFAO Whats the matter officer? nobody needed to drive down this PUBLIC road anyway, some cold/hot patch will have that fixed in a jiff.....I thought it was legal to block a road with a purposely dropped tree.... :laugh:

it must be quite a site to watch a tree care operation out where droppin em on the road is cool......like a bunch of hillbillies!!! Yep our trade is improving leaps & bounds!!! I think the tree care mags otta showcase that kinda stuff.......LOL

I know....an article on proper pruning by leaving stubs & extrem precision felling by dropping trees into the Interstate!!! a true CEU article there.................LMFAO

LXT............

It's called having a pair, Lexy. Jesus, the way you talk about regulations and fees and fines makes Pittsburgh sound like a ####### police state. Paranoid much? ####, if AA can get away with his utter treetardedness down there it can't be that bad. For the record I don't advise dinging up the pavement, or following Murphles "instructional" videos but there's being reasonable about things and there's being LXT about things. There's a big difference there.

attachment.php

Just think he did that with an everyday regular notch that we all use!! Hmmm, woulda thought he`d of needed to incorporate one of those fancy, special type of cuts...........guess real pro`s dont need to be fancy... gosh darnit why didnt he use a skid steer?

LXT.............

It's called having a pair, Lexy. Jesus, the way you talk about regulations and fees and fines makes Pittsburgh sound like a ####### police state. Paranoid much? ####, if AA can get away with his utter treetardedness down there it can't be that bad. For the record I don't advise dinging up the pavement, or following Murphles "instructional" videos but there's being reasonable about things and there's being LXT about things. There's a big difference there.

Easy there ole boy, ya might rattle some smarts into that head of yers..........you are the one that said #### it & Ill put a tree into a cul de sac & there ya go............more or less!!

Im just stating the obvious & if you dont condone Murphs street tree dropping attitude then why come to his defense? theres nothing about having a PAIR in what you are defending then "for the record" you dont advise.....so what is your ####ing point??? Cause I dont think you had one to begin with...........thats being blakey (Flakey), C`mon..........!

bottom line is if you lack the ability to remove portions of the tree that when you drop it will cause damage then you need to engage in another profession & if you think its ok to just drop trees in the road cause you lack the skill to properly bring it down thats not having a PAIR in my book, thats just being a HACK............show me where AA purposely drops a tree into the road, what he does on private property for hire is tween him & the home owner............when you put something in the road....that affects the public!

I think my post just put a point to what you thought was nothing & you didnt like it...............cause it was the truth & its what we have been talking about in regards to murphs posts/vids, in this case I made the truth funny!!!

LXT...............

Easy there ole boy, ya might rattle some smarts into that head of yers..........you are the one that said #### it & Ill put a tree into a cul de sac & there ya go............more or less!!

Im just stating the obvious & if you dont condone Murphs street tree dropping attitude then why come to his defense? theres nothing about having a PAIR in what you are defending then "for the record" you dont advise.....so what is your ####ing point??? Cause I dont think you had one to begin with...........thats being blakey (Flakey), C`mon..........!

bottom line is if you lack the ability to remove portions of the tree that when you drop it will cause damage then you need to engage in another profession & if you think its ok to just drop trees in the road cause you lack the skill to properly bring it down thats not having a PAIR in my book, thats just being a HACK............show me where AA purposely drops a tree into the road, what he does on private property for hire is tween him & the home owner............when you put something in the road....that affects the public!

I think my post just put a point to what you thought was nothing & you didnt like it...............cause it was the truth & its what we have been talking about in regards to murphs posts/vids, in this case I made the truth funny!!!

LXT...............

Defending Murph? No that guy's a crazy bastard, I'd do no such thing. But I digress, you are missing the point, and also use far to many periods and exclamation points in your posts which make you seem frenetic and unstable. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't want to meet you in person. You might shiv me if I don't do the secret tree mans handshake exactly right. And I'm digressing again, the point is that you are a paranoid idiot if you think dropping a tree on the street is gonna bring the 5 0 and their choppers and guns and pencils and riot gear down on ya. Be real here. It'll be cleaned up in a minute and Miss "I'm late for my OBGYN appointment" can set tight in her beamer while the boys clear that #### up. #### yer cul-de-sac.

Calm down lx dont go giving yourself a heart attack again. It's just not worth it. You try to take everything beyond reason and blow it up like ya did yer heart. Screw the road, the public can deal and yer the biggest ass ole I never met. Oo yeah are you like this when you drink cause if I ever drank with I'd think I'd have to smack myself in the head with a glass bottle.

EXTREME precision in tree falling.mov - YouTube

first 18 seconds show a slow motion tree falling... target was a 4' round of wood, distance over 50' from the hinge to the center of the target. Round was split perfectly in half. Second fall is a backleaning maple spar, with a tight LZ between a driveway and a house. third tree was a little back leaning corkscrew willow. These cuts were made in the course of two days.

Good to see your name still kicking around murphy

:msp_biggrin:

Defending Murph? No that guy's a crazy bastard, I'd do no such thing. But I digress, you are missing the point, and also use far to many periods and exclamation points in your posts which make you seem frenetic and unstable. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't want to meet you in person. You might shiv me if I don't do the secret tree mans handshake exactly right. And I'm digressing again, the point is that you are a paranoid idiot if you think dropping a tree on the street is gonna bring the 5 0 and their choppers and guns and pencils and riot gear down on ya. Be real here. It'll be cleaned up in a minute and Miss "I'm late for my OBGYN appointment" can set tight in her beamer while the boys clear that #### up. #### yer cul-de-sac.

Oh Blakey........Look if you wanna drop em in the road or anybody does.....good!!!!!!(enough exclamations for ya?), But its not professional & its unnecessary.......(more periods) thats why I think they should showcase that action & highlight it in the TCIA mag, here if 5 0 as you put it comes around the corner & you just dropped a tree or if someone complains............your screwed, apparently not in some of the areas where you guys work, do what ya want I dont have to see it or pay for it!

Calm down lx dont go giving yourself a heart attack again. It's just not worth it. You try to take everything beyond reason and blow it up like ya did yer heart. Screw the road, the public can deal and yer the biggest ass ole I never met. Oo yeah are you like this when you drink cause if I ever drank with I'd think I'd have to smack myself in the head with a glass bottle.

Didnt have a heart attack, they caught the problem before such & any undue stress was prolly related to the "hacks" in my area ruining the trade, not trying to argue just telling ya its not professional & here you would get tattled on & fined, thats all & that my opinion is if one resorts to dropping trees in the road/driveway cause they have no skill they should engage in another vocation

does he really have a heart? guess anything's possible

LOL, yes & it has been refreshed to aide in the combat of hacks, ya know its bad enough that I have to bid against a premier tree service down here & hear what that person has told the home owners.............try dealing with that? then I have the likes of people on here trying to defend stubs, dropping trees in the road & thinking im the paranoid, taking it beyond reason type...LOL

& these are the ones who complain about our trade going to hell due to illegals & hacks, Ill bet if a picture of latinos dropping a tree on the road was showed here everyone would yell "illegal hacks" but then defend a "legal hack" LOL

Good to see your name still kicking around murphy

:msp_biggrin:

Oh God...............the orchard ladder, gardner club speaker has arrived

LXT............(oops more periods)

Well now that I provided rebuttals..........sheesh, maybe we can get back on topic pertaining to the thread, I guess in different places its done in different ways & no matter how unprofessional it is to most I guess if thats your way of doing it.....god bless ya!

The real truth is I have seen an influx of new services with no skill set, they buy bucket trucks or towable lifts & whalla they are a tree service. their thoughts of rigging are using anything that will hold a limb (chocker cables, nylon straps, dog chain, etc..) & for the most part it works............I call em hacks, but they call themselves professionals.

The same types will stub over a norway/silver maple, top an oak tree, spike trims & make flush cuts..........I call em hacks, but they call themselves professionals. Ive witnessed them drop huge spars directly into the back of their pickup trucks, watched them drop trees across the road, across land bridges & on to gaurd rails. Ive seen them operate without PPE & in traffic areas they provide no cones or signs but instead have the guy who runs the tractor/skidsteer direct traffic with a mechanics rag while smoking a cig.........I call them Hacks, they call themselves professional

I have had the pleasure of being part of this site & have witnessed the same display/statements in posts of many on here who have joined the tree care ranks & are for the most part new to the trade, Yep you guessed it, I call them hacks, but they think they are professionals! For the betterment of this trade many need to go away its just that with a bad economy everyone is doing what they can to make a living & thats unfortunate for those of us who have been doing tree care our whole lives, I just call it as I see it & mean no harm...............but it is the actions of one who can at times represent many, ask me I know..2 letters for ya-------AA

Be safe & stay healthy

LXT.............

Last edited:
Well now that I provided rebuttals..........sheesh, maybe we can get back on topic pertaining to the thread, I guess in different places its done in different ways & no matter how unprofessional it is to most I guess if thats your way of doing it.....god bless ya!

How do you think a profesional painter feels? The ones that have spent their lives, working on their trade. A roller, a ladder,and a coffee can and your in buisness. At least our profession you need a pickup truck and chainsaw. I think that alone keeps alot of the riff raff out.

Back