EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude that drop was a ten, counting in the fact he had to calculate the brush at the top of the tree had to clear the other building. It was a straight drop and most here could do it, but the kahunnas it took to do it, is just outstanding. I wonder if he was insured? Im insurred and wouldnt have done that

Last edited:
Maybe you just can't even imagine a faller could be that good to hit that drop perfectly.. I would have stayed at the stump and tickled the back cut as it was going if needed.. he apparently didn't need to NICE JOB! Way to show the boy scouts!

Ya best to tickle it a wee bit 1st for easier work, Ha :D gettin big things into small holes is what we good at eh:msp_sneaky:

i was going to drop a tree like this, smaller though next to a car and building at a complex. the owner of the company told me to peice it out after i had cleared limbs and put a rope in it. i had done several tree's like this and it was cool. I peiced it out and what do you know i dented a car with a stupid chunk. man did that piss me off. i suppose the tree could roll or upend the stump, aside from chaining the stump its still a little uncertain. putting the bulk of the treeaway from the stump in tight areas is super productive but i guess the butt could have kicked out. Just pisses me off when i climb a tree twice and do it their way go against your instincts and it bites your ass just like you knew it would. Makes me want to say F- u cut the whole tree right in front of him and say stay out of my work unless we have a problem. because ive taken down 40 tree's here in tiny complexs on top of gas and water lines and side walks, didnt break anything for three weeks and you show up telling me to chunk wood with no groundsman into a 4x4 drop zone where it piles up and bounces away. put the whole tree out into the parking lot. Driving a soda can with the top of a tree is hard but the butt of the tree is not goign to variate more than a few degrees of where you want it. the furthut out the tree the harder it is but from the stump out to albout 1/3 of the way is goign to be where you want it gaurenteed, minus the roll and kickout factor which will cancel out the whole plan.

Daniel- in all your videos, I've never seen you attempt that tight a drop. You're a boy scout along with the rest of us compared to that guy's skill. Wide open lawn areas and streets don't count.

It looked like a very tight drop from the video, BUT without being there its tough to tell exactly how tight... did he have 6" on either side or a foot?.. Maybe even more... I'd have given it a go.. dropping a straight tree right on the $$ is not that hard... The fact that you think it is, makes you the boy scout HAHA...

i was going to drop a tree like this, smaller though next to a car and building at a complex. the owner of the company told me to peice it out after i had cleared limbs and put a rope in it. i had done several tree's like this and it was cool. I peiced it out and what do you know i dented a car with a stupid chunk. man did that piss me off. i suppose the tree could roll or upend the stump, aside from chaining the stump its still a little uncertain. putting the bulk of the treeaway from the stump in tight areas is super productive but i guess the butt could have kicked out. Just pisses me off when i climb a tree twice and do it their way go against your instincts and it bites your ass just like you knew it would. Makes me want to say F- u cut the whole tree right in front of him and say stay out of my work unless we have a problem. because ive taken down 40 tree's here in tiny complexs on top of gas and water lines and side walks, didnt break anything for three weeks and you show up telling me to chunk wood with no groundsman into a 4x4 drop zone where it piles up and bounces away. put the whole tree out into the parking lot. Driving a soda can with the top of a tree is hard but the butt of the tree is not goign to variate more than a few degrees of where you want it. the furthut out the tree the harder it is but from the stump out to albout 1/3 of the way is goign to be where you want it gaurenteed, minus the roll and kickout factor which will cancel out the whole plan.

Weren't you able to MOVE the car????

It looked like a very tight drop from the video, BUT without being there its tough to tell exactly how tight... did he have 6" on either side or a foot?.. Maybe even more... I'd have given it a go.. dropping a straight tree right on the $$ is not that hard... The fact that you think it is, makes you the boy scout HAHA...

I'll wait for your video. Talk is cheap. Yanking the tops of white pines with a truck does not count nor does using a skidsteer. Show us boy scouts how its done. Personally, I doubt you will ever post.

I'll wait for your video. Talk is cheap. Yanking the tops of white pines with a truck does not count nor does using a skidsteer. Show us boy scouts how its done. Personally, I doubt you will ever post.

Yeah, Murph NEVER posts, he's all talk.

hell, where have you been? They are changing the site's name to Murphysitedotcom. Youtube is now Murphytube and he is taking a run on the syndicates.

Last edited:

hell, where have you been? They are changing the site's name to Murphysitedotcom. Youtube is now Murphytube and he is taking a run on the syndicates.

I know Daniel posts. I've seen The Chronicles of Murphia. What I was trying to say is that what he has posted so far has not demonstrated the degree of difficulty as shown in the other video.

Someone do the math...

at over 50' from the target to the hinge , tree hits less than 4" from the center of target.... then factor in the curve and lean in the oak ....

Math has been done

Murph, are you talking about the tree you dropped with a football field clearing on all sides.....LMFAO or the other trees that had similar room that when dropped canopy sweeped every other tree in the yard? LMFAO or.....or the skidsteer uproot? LOL.....or the hedge jumping that you tried to sell the HO on a crane........LMFAO...........or the "tripping a widow maker" that was a partial uproot that was limbed out before the video......wonder who climbed that?

Then there was that time you read that non existant book...............:laugh:

Ive just come to believe you post to be funny.......you are funny

None of your posted drops even compare to the video we all saw, Ya know that guy even seemed humble after the drop, he didnt post that for "Instructional" purposes or to brag.............unlike you!! you brag over notching & dropping brush :laugh:

We all have done the math (even at the other site) & of the um-teen videos you have posted not one of your "extreme" drops (LOL) even compare!!!!

50 pages of this BS????? this site really has gone down the drain!!!

LXT................

Well Finally...........something outta you that we all can agree on!! So Danno, you asked me what I did the other day & I posted it.....now how bout you? Lets stick with treework uh? cause we dont care to see a rabbit that you put a dress on!!!!

LXT..........

[video]http://www.scottstree.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60:scott-a-larry-plant-qthe-big-oneq&catid=40:video-gallery&Itemid=73[/video]

Lmao I've done a couple questionable in my day but though he did plan you could see the relief in his eyes when it field goaled. I would do it on murph's insurance lol not mine :)

This is all I have to say.

[video=youtube;fchBUjqmfq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchBUjqmfq0[/video]

Back