EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felling vs rigging = less risk in rigging it down, period, no matter how much knowledge and skill in felling you claim to have. Some risks are bigger than others depending on the tree, but I'd really like to hear how you are going to explain how felling most trees is safer than rigging them down. No matter how much skill and knowledge you claim to have, its still a risk, much more than rigging it down properly. Climbing is a risk. You can throw all the knowledge and skill at any tree that you want to, but it doesn't eliminate the inherent risk involved in felling the thing.

Felling is obviously the fastest way to get it on the ground, but once its there you have to deal with the limbs stabbed into the ground, cutting the tensioned wood as the weight of the rest of the tree is laying on it, fighting the brush out from under the log, and fixing the turf damage, especially if you are bringing your skidloader in.

You can name drop all you want, but that's one of the most stupid posts ever. Set a pull line or two with the slingshot, get everyone out of the DZ and the drop the tree.. sometimes the faller isn't even in the DZ.. No climbing = no chance of a fall or struck by on the ground... less fatigue is a big safety issue, and my skid loader doesn't damage the turf! I use mats when needed and padding logs etc... Your game is ten years old!

Last edited:
You can name drop all you want, but that's one of the most stupid posts ever. Set a pull line or two with the slingshot, get everyone out of the DZ and the drop the tree.. sometimes the faller isn't even in the DZ.. No climbing = no chance of a fall or struck by on the ground... less fatigue is a big safety issue, and my skid loader doesn't damage the turf! I use mats when needed and padding logs etc... Your game is ten years old!

My game is ten years old? I dont think so -- how many hacks and landscapers are out there felling trees like you are? lots. How many people have the wherewithal to climb and rig? nowhere near as many. Those guys have the knowledge and skills to fell long before they will ever have the skills and knowledge to climb and rig, many of them will continue to fell and never learn to climb. Why? takes more "athleticism" lol. Theres a whole lot more guys out there than can fell trees than there are guys out there that can climb and rig them, so you're in a larger group that also includes hacks.

You've proven nothing, except that you've gone backwards if you were ever a climber.

Across one season, a tree service is going to need a climber/aerial truck for the majority of their work -- the trees that can be felled (even by your "standards") in reality are few and far between. If not, why do you even have a bucket truck then?

Ignoring all the damage to adjacent trees, turf, and landscaping that you are doing -- watching you drop trees into spaces the size of football fields is still not impressive and falls far short from "extreme precision felling". lmfao.

Your game is weak.

My game is ten years old? I dont think so -- how many hacks and landscapers are out there felling trees like you are? lots. How many people have the wherewithal to climb and rig? nowhere near as many. Those guys have the knowledge and skills to fell long before they will ever have the skills and knowledge to climb and rig, many of them will continue to fell and never learn to climb. Why? takes more "athleticism" lol. Theres a whole lot more guys out there than can fell trees than there are guys out there that can climb and rig them, so you're in a larger group that also includes hacks.

You've proven nothing, except that you've gone backwards if you were ever a climber.

Across one season, a tree service is going to need a climber/aerial truck for the majority of their work -- the trees that can be felled (even by your "standards") in reality are few and far between. If not, why do you even have a bucket truck then?

Ignoring all the damage to adjacent trees, turf, and landscaping that you are doing -- watching you drop trees into spaces the size of football fields is still not impressive and falls far short from "extreme precision felling". lmfao.

Your game is weak.

Is dem boys over at the TB filling yer head with this nonsense? Yer so green I can smell it from here. Its Ok, I ain't trying to put you down, make you feel bad or anything like that. You are doing a fine job BUT it don't sound like you are considering all the varibles. And I can't tell what they are, you have to learn them yourself AND when you do then you'll know AND when you do you will find that you want to overcome them you will find yourself doing the things that you deemed insane in the past AND you will do them without batting an eyelash THEN you will know what makes a great poker player THEN you will BE the ball, na na na na na.
Me? Sure you bet I am amazed at what I can get away with. You should see the #### I pull, it would make you fall right out yer panties. I'll block the road, tell them mother####ers to go the other way and drop it in the neighbor's yard if I want. #### it. This ain't Burger King. This here is some Daniel Boone #### and you know what happened to him don'tcha.

And once again i implore X to chill. Oh please oh please. Everything is gonna be allright. I know we all get tight and we should but man o sheveitz dude... give yourself a break. Are you still climbing? Who you got working with you? I wish I could help you out, I really do.

[video=youtube_share;0Gu_u8aSpUs]http://youtu.be/0Gu_u8aSpUs[/video] WAY MORE EXTREME THAN ANY CRAP YOU'VE EVER POSTED

Extremely stupid.. having a groundie in a baseball hat run through the DZ with his back to the tree! I'd drop that tree 100 out of 100 times, easy..... without all the pumping away on those come-alongs...

Is dem boys over at the TB filling yer head with this nonsense? Yer so green I can smell it from here. Its Ok, I ain't trying to put you down, make you feel bad or anything like that. You are doing a fine job BUT it don't sound like you are considering all the varibles. And I can't tell what they are, you have to learn them yourself AND when you do then you'll know AND when you do you will find that you want to overcome them you will find yourself doing the things that you deemed insane in the past AND you will do them without batting an eyelash THEN you will know what makes a great poker player THEN you will BE the ball, na na na na na.
Me? Sure you bet I am amazed at what I can get away with. You should see the #### I pull, it would make you fall right out yer panties. I'll block the road, tell them mother####ers to go the other way and drop it in the neighbor's yard if I want. #### it. This ain't Burger King. This here is some Daniel Boone #### and you know what happened to him don'tcha.

And once again i implore X to chill. Oh please oh please. Everything is gonna be allright. I know we all get tight and we should but man o sheveitz dude... give yourself a break. Are you still climbing? Who you got working with you? I wish I could help you out, I really do.

It's about time you speak up boyyy I thought you were beginning to agree these tights.

just wait til I figure out how to post pics of a couple trees Dave and I did today.. (actually yesterday as of 10 minutes ago) Its gonna go fir sure then! Two nice sized Norway maples with wide canopies.. we dumped every limb and got into some wood without one branch being moved on the ground.. ONE BIG MESS! Piece of cake to clean up with the skid steer! Dave shot a couple nice pics from the bucket, though I did all the bucket work...

and here it is mostly cleaned up.. we filled the chip box... took somewhere under 2 hours to get that mess out of the backyard, wood piles in the neighboring parking lot etc.. No one broke a sweat! Gotta drop the trunks and rake up today..

Looks like fun murph... "extremely" simple, but fun!

I've been letting one of my guys run the tractor more and more lately. Should be a big help. I'm trying to get away from doing everything myself.

I'm surprized you don't have a rotating grapple for the track machine?

The usual op is a wizard.. I would get a rotating grapple if us mere mortals had to run it.. the grapple bucket moves grindings, rakings, and can get under a mess like that, push it into a pile then grab it.. one bucket keeps things simple.. would like to demo the rotating grapple though.. any suggestions???

Why did your customer want it down? Just wondering.
221913d1328450483-0204121720-jpg

That is not a pretty answer.. I didn't sell the job, so I didn't ask why.. both trees were co-doms with cables. one was real bad at the crotch.. lots of decay.. looked like nothing holding it but the cables.. So I didn't feel too bad about losing that one.. the other one could have been preserved.. maybe the salesman thought it was easier to remove than prune. Like I said... not pretty

Maybe dense shade can't grow grass, Shallow exposed roots, very dirty tree clogging gutters, poor health , shouldnt have been planted there in the first place, not enough room for both trees.

Extremely stupid.. having a groundie in a baseball hat run through the DZ with his back to the tree! I'd drop that tree 100 out of 100 times, easy..... without all the pumping away on those come-alongs...

Well we are talking about "that guy" and needless to say he marches to the beat of a different drum ..:laugh:

The usual op is a wizard.. I would get a rotating grapple if us mere mortals had to run it.. the grapple bucket moves grindings, rakings, and can get under a mess like that, push it into a pile then grab it.. one bucket keeps things simple.. would like to demo the rotating grapple though.. any suggestions???

No suggestions really.. a buddy of mine has a Ryan's grapple that he seems pretty happy with though.

I'm just looking into different options for upgrading some equipment, and the track machines have always kinda interested me. I would still keep the tractor too though, as that has its own advantages. If I had two machines, I could use my equipment trailer like a log trailer, and just unload at the shop with the tractor (or track machine).

I have a s600tx with a BMG and love it! I will never be with out one. The BMG that I have works great it has rotater but not hydraulic. You really dont need it you learn how to manipulate the grapple. I would call Dave at branch manager attachments

No suggestions really.. a buddy of mine has a Ryan's grapple that he seems pretty happy with though.

I'm just looking into different options for upgrading some equipment, and the track machines have always kinda interested me. I would still keep the tractor too though, as that has its own advantages. If I had two machines, I could use my equipment trailer like a log trailer, and just unload at the shop with the tractor (or track machine).

What about a large dump trailer with high sides and tie down for equipment. I got a 14 foot with 3 foot sides and I can put my tractor right inside.

Latest posts

Back