Fair Price for a used Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not new, no, 2009 model year that original owner bought in Spring of 2010. Theres some paint off here and there but it was not abused. Has the Walbro Carb in it and the flocked filter came in today to the Husky dealer so I picked it up on my way home from work and put it in the saw when I got home. Feel like a kid at Christmas time. Got my gear all packed for a trip to the mountain tomorrow morning with my brother, were going to do some cutting. Still have some Oak to buck up and a couple of black birch left to do. All the Hickory is cut up at this point. I'll take the 346xp for limbing and the JRed for the big oak. Brother will have his 038Mag but it will be easy to convince him to leave the bucking to me and he can run the 346 in the tops. He hates to admit it, but he loves that little 346 Husky. Those died in the wool Stihl guys are hard to get to admit that any other manufacturer can produce a good saw:) He's older than I am so its not too hard to convince him to swap out the heavy saw for a little light one. The pro's probably think guys like me are nuts to be so pumped to get out and cut wood, but after a week in the office getting on the mountain and in the woods is pure joy. Besides, it a good excuse to have a lumberjack breakfast of eggs, sausage and blueberry pancakes. Thanks for everyones input on the saw. I do believe it was a very good deal for what I paid for it. A little late in the year to be felling green wood but I am hoping to find a bigger dead tree up there tomorrow, I would like to fell a tree with the Jonsered, we shall see.

Back