Fair warnin' to y'all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can still pee almost my whole name in the snow.

Maiden or married? ;)

I'm just happy I still remember to unzip before peeing in the snow.

I did want to mention, about the whole RWD vs FWD thing, there are plenty of people who still prefer a vintage RWD car over the small front drivers. After bunches of research I've discovered that today's wheel and tire technology is allowing midwesterners to build their cars for drifts and blowing snow just like what's found in Iowa. Most of the pictures I found showed 'em wearing summer tires, but it's no surprise given how the sub arctic temperatures and fierce winter winds will blow parked cars right out of the driveway. No one in that country is fool enough to venture out in that weather for a silly car picture. So consider these pictures while you start out 2015 and if you happen to be inspired to trade in a tiny FWD car for something more utilitarian I'd love to hear about it.

Happy New Year.

IMG_8277.jpg
Donk-Fury.jpg donkfamily.jpg
Picture-132.png

The green one has a chance at cool if you lower back down, change the wheels and paint it blue.

Yeah... we have a few of those around also :rolleyes: but that last one is just over the top.
Can someone explain to me when, exactly, a 4dr became "cool"??

Whitespider, those could be the ultimate snow vehicles out there in Iowa. Rear wheel drive? And a ton of ground clearance? Dude you're good to go!

I see tires not too far from those on SUVs regularly - especially Escalades and Hummers. And trucks jacked that high too. Usually with twin chrome pipes up through the bed. At least these guys aren't pretending their vehicles are useful!

Whitespider, those could be the ultimate snow vehicles out there in Iowa. Rear wheel drive? And a ton of ground clearance? Dude you're good to go!

Ya, that last one with some skinny tractor tires and chains would probably go through some deep snow on the road.

Tell ya what is weirder to me though, guys who take really nice trucks and lower them to like 1/2 inch ground clearance. Looks like a random pebble would tear stuff up. I just don't get it....

Back