Fair warnin' to y'all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Dude I'm all thumbs.
All-Thumbs.bmp

Fastp was in the passenger seat of Gologit's truck. She'd had him at gunpoint all the way from NorCal demanding he drive her to Patty's to, "settle the score." Gologit obliged her out of fear for his life, but he tried to talk sense into her all the way up the coast. Penelope was convinced Whitespider would be hers and Gologit was her ticket......

...The inky darkness held no clues to the fate which would be theirs, as they inched their way through the foggy mountains in search of properly covered firewood and a stove that wouldn't produce any smoke, lest it give away their progress and annoy the neighbors. Stopping briefly at the side of the road, ears alert to any indication of Progress and hearing none but the call of the spotted owl and the shivering of those without proper stoves, Penelope pushed on...

You know, that's not a "clever" thing to be writing. You go to the stereotypical thinking that women must be enemies. That's kind of insulting, but that's par for the course when one guy who advocates being mean to "his" women is admired because he posts lots of cool videos. Such high standards!!

I happen to know Mrs. Gologit and she's a neat person. She's good people. She used to post on this forum but decided it wasn't worth the time and aggravation. I'm beginning to think she might be right.

So go on. I guess you've run the topics of Which Saw Should I Buy, Bark Side Down, I Hate EPA, See My Manly Stacks, etc into the ground.

And Overclock, you may be on this forum, but I don't consider you to be a friend. My friends are people I know.

Now go out and do something productive. Pick your nose, scratch yer manly parts, drink cheap beer, and smell your farts. I guess that's what flatlanders like to do.

You know, that's not a "clever" thing to be writing. You go to the stereotypical thinking that women must be enemies.

Ummm... and you reply with an aggressive, adversarial tone to do what? Confirm the stereotype? Is there a chance you're misunderstanding what's happening?

Just sayin...

...The inky darkness held no clues to the fate which would be theirs, as they inched their way through the foggy mountains in search of properly covered firewood and a stove that wouldn't produce any smoke, lest it give away their progress and annoy the neighbors. Stopping briefly at the side of the road, ears alert to any indication of Progress and hearing none but the call of the spotted owl and the shivering of those without proper stoves, Penelope pushed on...
:clap:

You know, that's not a "clever" thing to be writing. You go to the stereotypical thinking that women must be enemies. That's kind of insulting, but that's par for the course when one guy who advocates being mean to "his" women is admired because he posts lots of cool videos. Such high standards!!

I happen to know Mrs. Gologit and she's a neat person. She's good people. She used to post on this forum but decided it wasn't worth the time and aggravation. I'm beginning to think she might be right.

So go on. I guess you've run the topics of Which Saw Should I Buy, Bark Side Down, I Hate EPA, See My Manly Stacks, etc into the ground.

And Overclock, you may be on this forum, but I don't consider you to be a friend. My friends are people I know.

Now go out and do something productive. Pick your nose, scratch yer manly parts, drink cheap beer, and smell your farts. I guess that's what flatlanders like to do.
Slowp, not all of us are impressed by this inappropriate and obnoxious BS.

Guys - what are you, 12? Grow the hell up.

Impressed?? What's to be impressed with?? Fun is just that... fun.
Heck... I still wanna' know how the story plays out... and it has nothin' to do with all the sensitive stuff.
I find laughin' at myself quite entertaining, and wholesome... damn wholesome‼
If'n ya' can't laugh at yourself, ya' got yourself a big-azz problem.

You know, that's not a "clever" thing to be writing.
Overclock...I don't consider you to be a friend.
Seriously slowp? There weren't nothin' meant by any of it.
See, here's the difference between us... I consider you a friend, our differences don't enter into it. You may only be an internet friend, which don't hold the near the same weight as a personal and trusted friend, but still a friend...

glad i missed the fun i spent the better part of the afternoon getting my 200 gallon fuel tank filled with gasoline at my house. been wondering when it is going to get cold
this 52 degree crap is getting on my nerves.

I don't know what is really going on...
I do. Let me explain it to you.
It seems someone has been offended by some harmless fun... so much offended that they post this...
Then, after first claiming the moral high ground, and stating that stereotyping and insulting women is "par for the course", the same person ends the same post with this...
Next comes this sort'a thing...
...not all of us are impressed by this inappropriate and obnoxious BS.
Guys - what are you, 12? Grow the hell up.
So I just gotta' ask...
:wtf: Who's stereotyping?? Who's being insulting?? Who's being inappropriate?? Who's being obnoxious?? Who's acting like they're 12?? And just exactly who needs to grow the hell up??
:laughing:

Impressed?? What's to be impressed with?? Fun is just that... fun.
Heck... I still wanna' know how the story plays out... and it has nothin' to do with all the sensitive stuff.
I find laughin' at myself quite entertaining, and wholesome... damn wholesome‼
If'n ya' can't laugh at yourself, ya' got yourself a big-azz problem.

Seriously slowp? There weren't nothin' meant by any of it.
See, here's the difference between us... I consider you a friend, our differences don't enter into it. You may only be an internet friend, which don't hold the near the same weight as a personal and trusted friend, but still a friend...
i agree 110% Spidey. i don't agree with some things i read here but i consider every member a friend. i think we all joined AS with things in common like saws ,firewood and stuff. i know the thread was started in fun.and most have done that. 8 days to go. i can't wait to see how the story plays out.:laughing:

This here is a true story...
Wednesday evening I stopped at the bowling ally to wish my brother-in-law a merry Christmas (he owns it). I'm standing at the bar with a glass of beer talkin' with this guy (from out'a town, visiting friends over the holiday) next to me. We're gettin' along pretty good, laughin' a bit, and he tells me a couple pretty funny jokes... one is a Scandinavian joke (Ole and Lena), the other is a Pollock joke.

Now get this...
The first joke stereotypes Scandinavian people and, as is typical of Ole and Lena jokes, stereotypes the man as a putz. The second joke stereotypes the Polish people as plain retards. Neither joke is in any way "flattering" of the subjects... quite the opposite.
So I tell him a pretty funny stereotypical black joke, (by-the-way, a black friend told it to me)... this guy gets a funny look on his face, and accuses me of being racist‼ I said, "What‼??‼ You just told a Scandinavian and a Polish joke, and I'm racist but you're not??" He actually tried tellin' me that it was not the same thing. When I started laughin', he walked away pizzed-off. My brother-in-law looks at me and says with a grin, "He must be German." :laughing:

True damn story...

Back