Fall colours not as bright this year in Ontario, Canada. The reason? Climate change :P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a pretty good fall here in Central Alberta. Sugar maples are *really* fussy about conditions. They often will go red on the outside of the canopy, and only yellow or orange inside. My current theory about that is harder frost on the outside.

Three trees I planted the same year. "Lord Selkirk" One this year turned bright red. Intially just one branch, then the whole tree. One, planted under a poplar canopy went fire orange. Another, better watered settled for a meh yellow orange.

Poplar, normally only goes a dirty yellow this year there were lots of them with pink and orange tints.
interesting

my place in ohio. we never had exceptional fall colors. my sister wouls normally drive north or south and spend a weekend driving around looking. this is one of the few years. that i can remember in my life time. that it was so beutifully locally. maybe 3 to5 of these, in 45 years. we had a slow kind of drought at teh end of summer. then had almost a perfect dry harvest. as a bee keeeper. we watch the golden rod bloom. it was so dry the bloom was over ab out a m onth maybe 6 weeks. instead of everything in 2 weeeks.

Back