Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm...... heyyyyyy, so uh, say there was a guy, and this guy liked to go "sight seeing" for big trees, maybe his name is Blake Blanudsen, where would he go to get nice pics (and a #####in video) of this tree

On a totally unrelated note, anybody here have a 42" bar and a loop for my 660 that I can borrow for a day or two

Jake, I got to tip one that was 48" across the stump this past summer. Had to quarter it up the hill into a rock chute. Skybound as ####! 3 long logs that looked like beer cans + the top. Cutting the burls off sucked. One of my favorite trees I've ever fell. Dandy logs! 440 with a 28.

Well Blake, the tree is in the Swan -- and protected -- so bring your game face. :laugh:

Ascending the Giants - Chronicles Of Measuring Champion Trees

Sheeehit, who the hell you think is gonna be there with me knee deep in chips (wait, no, noodles SQUAREGROUND!)

Jake, I got to tip one that was 48" across the stump this past summer. Had to quarter it up the hill into a rock chute. Skybound as ####! 3 long logs that looked like beer cans + the top. Cutting the burls off sucked. One of my favorite trees I've ever fell. Dandy logs! 440 with a 28.

Nice, my biggest is a Larch that was 42" 'crost the stump with a 38 MagII hanging off a 28", but I got one eyeballed for next spring that's gonna put me over the 4' mark :rock::rock:

those burls are about like cuttin off a chunk of concrete huh :msp_biggrin:

Can't do videos, but it works amazingly well. I feel like a real dumb ass for not having done this a long time ago! Cheap and so much easier - Sam

Here's Sam's setup for his Christmas lights. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Looks like good ground too. . . Not too steep.

#### yes. Up is fine, but the knees need break from down once in a while. Thank God the FS doesnt know what high track 5's and timbcos can do. Good deal on this job, kind of in front of God and everyone. No hiding anything.

In front of everyone, thats my favorite kind. Unashamed in your face forestry. Look how good we did. Wanna have your timber cut? Great.

Nice pics Sam. I'd love to lay out some decent softwood for a day just to see what its like.

The job I'm on now is right in view of a main highway. The landing is maybe 200 yards across a corn field from it. It makes me a little leary with my machine tucked in the woods at night, but its kind of funny. Like yep, theres logging going on here.

Mid teens to low 20s all day. No wind, partly sunny. Just a beautiful ####ing day for logging. Got a lot done for a change.

In front of everyone, thats my favorite kind. Unashamed in your face forestry. Look how good we did. Wanna have your timber cut? Great.

Emotions are running a little high on this one amongst the locals. In terms of view-shed, it does come out a lot nicer with the yarders. Maybe not the most econonomical way of logging it at the end of the day, but we've got to keep the peace if we want to keep going in this day and age....... And they're willing to pay yarder price.

Hey, if'n a guy can get away with yarding that ground, everyone involved loves it -- from the fallers to the rigging crew. And like ya say, it's cleaner than cat work.

It's nice to have a break from the steeps every now and then.

Latest posts

Back