Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dill.

Doesnt matter.

Your the one trying it.

Try it and tell us if it works.

Oh, it works alright.
A word to the wise. No matter how drunk you are, or how much the bet is for, do not under any circumstances drink all of the left over juice out of a gallon jar after all the Jalapeno's are gone.

I think that might be one of the reasons I needed to quit drinking. :laugh:

Andy

Oh, it works alright.
A word to the wise. No matter how drunk you are, or how much the bet is for, do not under any circumstances drink all of the left over juice out of a gallon jar after all the Jalapeno's are gone.

Andy

Now you're telling that, Andy!

Pickle juice need to be sour pickles (lacto-fermentated), by the way. Drinking large quantities of vinegar gives you heartburn. Or at least gives me.

Oh, it works alright.

Andy

There's not enough refrigerated baby wipes in the world for that

you can by them with the tabasco in them . pretty good if you ask me.

I've really cut back on how much adult carbonated drinks I have. But if the problem ever occurs. I will give it a shot and report bad with the results.

Hammer- nice pics and video! Looks like some fun wood to cut.

Nice pics from everyone else too!

Couple of jobs ago, the day after the 4th. Nearly 100 degrees already and I was about to call it a day on the cutting. Throwin one down off of a little hip.

Dutched the downhill side first, brought it back around to the front and gunned to the lay. Humboldt. Sniped the butt. Bored in behind the hinge just a little. (already on 3rd chain of the day at 9:30 and this one already lightly rocked. The trouble with glacial sediment dumps. rocks under every limb and buck.) Anyway, normally would have just back cut it, but I knew the chain wouldn't keep up. Pulled out of the bore, walked the saw around to the far side then back cut the rest. Its funny how the camera moves a little when the post snaps. She saved out. 50ft of logs. About average for that job.

[video=youtube;XGoLiON8uVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoLiON8uVw[/video]

Looks great! If I had been there you would of had to pack my corps out on the forwarder. 100 degree heat and your still cutting. Way to go! You the Man.

Ehh, I shouldn't ##### too much. I don't envy the type of heat Hammer gets to cut in every day. I'll bet that dry Montana heat is a killer too. Although if ya count wind chill and heat index I've now cut within a 140 degree temperature range in the last 6 months!

The key to summer time production is baby powder and a complete change of clothes before hoppin in the skidder! Apply liberally to any place that rubs or binds!

5 weeks already? we're going th hit 4 days today, taking one more day off, getting a bunch of work done to the truck while I'm sitting.

I don't think I probably have it worse than your midwest heat, really. TN was bad, WV pretty bad too, but the air is better here and the ground more broken for better shade conservation whilst strip cutting, higher elevation. 140 degrees! we don't have that wild of a ride either.

Sounds like you're doing well, making progress here too.

Sam does have the views.

5 weeks already? we're going th hit 4 days today, taking one more day off, getting a bunch of work done to the truck while I'm sitting.

I don't think I probably have it worse than your midwest heat, really. TN was bad, WV pretty bad too, but the air is better here and the ground more broken for better shade conservation whilst strip cutting, higher elevation. 140 degrees! we don't have that wild of a ride either.

Sounds like you're doing well, making progress here too.

Sam does have the views.

Yup, 5 weeks and the guy doesn't like to sleep much at night. I'm startin to fill out a future crew though!

For me it's about a 120 degree swing in temps. We had 80 degrees one afternoon. Thought my brains were going to come out my ears. Fortunately the next day was a day off and then it clouded up some. It was 70 here today. But there was a little breeze. Real buggy. And when a bush Alaskan says it's. Real buggy. It's REAL BUGGY! !!!
About 42 below was my coldest day cutting last winter. Dead calm .. I'll take 40 below. Over 80 above any day! !! . No bugs :msp_rolleyes:

Back