Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...my wife likes to come out and take pictures sometimes. I asked her one day why she only took pictures when things didn't go like I planned. I didn't like her answer.

The 660 has a triple port muffler...part of the TreeSlingr' magic.

I can't even get my dual port off back order...and you have a triple? Damn....

I can't even get my dual port off back order...and you have a triple? Damn....

The dual port cover is common out here. If you drop a line to Bailey's or Madsen's I'll bet they can get one. Some of the saw shops in SW Washington would have it too. Slowp, Madhatte, or Paccity can give you some leads.

If all else fails, go ahead and make your own. If the Search function ever comes back up there are a lot of good threads on muff mods.

If the site stays up people will come back. That "other site" is mostly for the whiners and crybabies that didn't like it here. It has a lot of flash but no real substance. Unfortunately the whiners and crybabies will probably come back too.

And...as far as high fashion and French cuisine goes? I make sure both my socks are right side out and the log marking paint stains on my shirt don't clash with my suspenders...that's about as far as I go. I do make it a point to change my shirt about every three days or when the oil stains on the front catch fire from my cigarette ashes, whichever comes first. Slowp is the fashion consultant here and I wouldn't even try to take that job.
French cuisine...I ate at Galatoires in New Orleans a couple of times when somebody else was paying.

The other site is nice but the seats don't have that familiar groove that fits my ass, this is home, unless it burns down all the way.

And I'm thinking thats another reason to consider quitting smoking... being on fire sucks:eek2:

They even use the term, Lumberjacks there! I didn't see :msp_biggrin:Farmer Loggers used.

Maybe I should join and start a thread called, Any Farmer Loggers Here? I'd have to have a different Nom De Plume--did I spell that right? I took Spanish in high school, there was no french. I have gotten my French off of Canadian food labels.

Just killing some time before leaving with The Used Dog to go see the vet.

Hope everybody is well or getting weller.

Hi MissP...

Overall I thought your technique looked fairly sound. You wouldn't last long in production falling with your thumb up like that. You're falling a tree, not hitching a ride. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::jester:

One of these days man... some one is going to meet you face to face and there going to be an ackward silence filled with drinking and stupid grins...

LOL...my wife likes to come out and take pictures sometimes. I asked her one day why she only took pictures when things didn't go like I planned. I didn't like her answer.

I feel your pain, she comes out takes a few pics, I get home and all it is is pecker poles and tops, with a whole bunch of flowers, funny looking fungus, and "scary looking bugs" not one action shot of me and the 48" spruce:msp_confused:

Well so far mostly good kinda hard to move around until I signed in... whatever...

The dual port cover is common out here. If you drop a line to Bailey's or Madsen's I'll bet they can get one. Some of the saw shops in SW Washington would have it too. Slowp, Madhatte, or Paccity can give you some leads.

If all else fails, go ahead and make your own. If the Search function ever comes back up there are a lot of good threads on muff mods.

Thanks Bob! I hope everything gets straightened out over here. Have a good evening.

I feel your pain, she comes out takes a few pics, I get home and all it is is pecker poles and tops, with a whole bunch of flowers, funny looking fungus, and "scary looking bugs" not one action shot of me and the 48" spruce:msp_confused:

Yup. When I get one of those perfect trees...you know the kind, surgically precise cuts, no wasted effort, sweet running saw, one task leading directly and unbroken to the next almost like it's been choreographed, with a gentle drop into a perfect lead and a total save out...and I ask her "Hey, did you get that?" her answer is usually "Uh, no...I was taking pictures of the dogs".

But if I screw one up...misjudge the lean, miss match the cuts to where the tree looks like it's been gnawed on by a tag team of rabid beavers, stumble and fall down at least once, knock my hard hat off, misplace my axe, have to double up every wedge I own and beat and beat and beat on them and then the tree goes early and across the lead and busts up into eight different pieces none of which are a sellable length, and leave fiber pull long enough to give RandyMac cause for comment and my zipper has been down the entire time...she gets National Geographic quality pictures of the entire debacle. Never fails.

One of these days man... some one is going to meet you face to face and there going to be an ackward silence filled with drinking and stupid grins.

That's how it usually goes. I talk tons of trash, get confronted, cry and blubber a whole bunch, then get drunk. Kinda fun!

Yup. When I get one of those perfect trees...you know the kind, surgically precise cuts, no wasted effort, sweet running saw, one task leading directly and unbroken to the next almost like it's been choreographed, with a gentle drop into a perfect lead and a total save out...and I ask her "Hey, did you get that?" her answer is usually "Uh, no...I was taking pictures of the dogs".

But if I screw one up...misjudge the lean, miss match the cuts to where the tree looks like it's been gnawed on by a tag team of rabid beavers, stumble and fall down at least once, knock my hard hat off, misplace my axe, have to double up every wedge I own and beat and beat and beat on them and then the tree goes early and across the lead and busts up into eight different pieces none of which are a sellable length, and leave fiber pull long enough to give RandyMac cause for comment and my zipper has been down the entire time...she gets National Geographic quality pictures of the entire debacle. Never fails.

Be the same if you pumped septic tanks instead of logging. Your photo album would be filled with pictures of you covered with ####.

Wives generally aren't allowed to come into the OR to take pics of u'r ####-ups, but mine's a cute little orthopaedic surgeon, so you can imagine......

:laugh:thats good times:laugh:

DP cover is so common out here that it's almost the standard rather than the exception. Kind of shocked that it hasn't caught on elsewhere.

I even have a couple of extras for 044/440/046/460. No extras for the 064/066/660.

Nice video, Bob. Now what have I've been missing among your miscellaneous adventures? Based upon my viewing of your video, YouTube recommended that I also watch "Tank Crushes Toyota Prius!" :msp_unsure: Ron

iv'e noticed a lot of the fallers around here run triple ports ,the 660's sure sound good when you let them breathe ,i have a triple on one of my 440 saws with the early 10mm jug ,it runs pretty good

DP cover is so common out here that it's almost the standard rather than the exception. Kind of shocked that it hasn't caught on elsewhere.

I even have a couple of extras for 044/440/046/460. No extras for the 064/066/660.

i'll dig around . i'm sure i've got some around somewhere.:msp_rolleyes:

Here is a couple videos I made recently to add to the pile :popcorn:

This one I was cutting these pine off a fence, first one I fell up and away and the others had quite th head lean over the fence so I put them on their sides.

[video=youtube;7eu7obRtJZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eu7obRtJZk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA[/video]

Here is another one from the same day

[video=youtube;sfGHlN3b6yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGHlN3b6yU&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA[/video]

This one is a good oak from this morning

[video=youtube;6kgo_LNpsnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgo_LNpsnQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA[/video]

Last edited:
Nice looking work TC moving nicely. One of my favorite tricks is to pound in a wedge behind my bar, pinching my bar with the wedge, having to knock the wedge out to free my saw, putting the wedge back in, then boring in ahead of the wedge (mostly:(). It takes a lot of time, but for some reason I do it frequently. Nice to see somebody catch some of it on camera!

hey ya got a shirt on lol. boy a 24 been nice there huh?

LOL! Yeh, I been wearing a shirt in the morning for a bit...I'm so fricken sun scalded I start out cold in the morning. Yeh a bigger bar would have been REALLY nice! But hey, slayer you remember what I said happened t that bar later this afternoon??? I'm VERY GLAD I didn't have on my lon bar! LOL!

Nice looking work TC moving nicely. One of my favorite tricks is to pound in a wedge behind my bar, pinching my bar with the wedge, having to knock the wedge out to free my saw, putting the wedge back in, then boring in ahead of the wedge (mostly:(). It takes a lot of time, but for some reason I do it frequently. Nice to see somebody catch some of it on camera!

Thanks Husk! Yeh early this morning on a small pine I burnt that wedge off...oh well...it happens.

Latest posts

Back