Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is a good oak from this morning

[video=youtube;p5pTnlr9JWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5pTnlr9JWM&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA[/video]

Nice fall Clint! Way to chase the hinge. When you put in the gunning cut, I was sure there wasn't enough room for a Humboldt, but I was wrong!:cheers:

Thanks Husk! Yeh early this morning on a small pine I burnt that wedge off...oh well...it happens.

I like to spice up my videos with some yellow, orange, or green chips thrown in. Handsome mike usually spots 'em. I view plastic 6" wedges as being basically disposable, so no technical deduction from the Texas judge!:biggrin:

nice looking work tc moving nicely. One of my favorite tricks is to pound in a wedge behind my bar, pinching my bar with the wedge, having to knock the wedge out to free my saw, putting the wedge back in, then boring in ahead of the wedge (mostly:(). It takes a lot of time, but for some reason i do it frequently. Nice to see somebody catch some of it on camera!

lol!!

I like to spice up my videos with some yellow, orange, or green chips thrown in. Handsome mike usually spots 'em. I view plastic 6" wedges as being basically disposable, so no technical deduction from the Texas judge!:biggrin:

Thanks! Whats worse is that I used it the rest of the day...I broke the others last week.

Nice looking work TC moving nicely. One of my favorite tricks is to pound in a wedge behind my bar, pinching my bar with the wedge, having to knock the wedge out to free my saw, putting the wedge back in, then boring in ahead of the wedge (mostly:(). It takes a lot of time, but for some reason I do it frequently. Nice to see somebody catch some of it on camera!

Ha! I just went back an seen what you were talking about..2nd tree 1st vid? LOL! I sawed that wedge off on a different tree earlier that day. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ha! I just went back an seen what you were talking about..2nd tree 1st vid? LOL! I sawed that wedge off on a different tree earlier that day. :hmm3grin2orange:

If your "sledge" was a little more head heavy, you could really get the bar stuck!

I ruined a chain doing that once, but on a back leaner I have a compulsive need to have a wedge in the back cut early. Good news, baileys just had a good sale on hard heads. (Thanks again tramp for clueing me in to 'em, they drive and lift great with the stumpy sledge.
:cheers:

If your "sledge" was a little more head heavy, you could really get the bar stuck!

I ruined a chain doing that once, but on a back leaner I have a compulsive need to have a wedge in the back cut early. Good news, baileys just had a good sale on hard heads. (Thanks again tramp for clueing me in to 'em, they drive and lift great with the stumpy sledge.
:cheers:

Yeh, I was pinched on a limb today wishing I had an ax. I just haven't ever carried one...I'd probably loose the damn thing.

Last edited:
photo 1.jpg

When stuff comes in the mail from Bailey's my saws get a little nervous, but the 394 was very happy when she realized it was all stuff to help her kill trees better. The full wrap feels good as well.

photo 2.jpg

Figure she's pretty much broke in, got her a little somethin' to take advantage of her torque (not calling her fat). Gonna tune her a bit nasty and find something to cut

Clint, your caveman sledge cracks me up as much as Texas anti-ankle biters do (tucked in socks).

LOL! Hey...it works :msp_w00t:

....Texas anti-ankle biter...pfftt! :hmm3grin2orange: Hey at least you know it's him when you see his vids. :msp_thumbup:

It works for what u'r using it for, but if you ever needed to lift one you'd wish you had something different. Why am I bullbucking everybody today????:msp_unsure:

Speaking of bullbucks...you need to get out here the first weekend in November for the NorCal GTG. Just imagine RandyMac, 2dogs, Paccity, Spotted Owl, Slowp, and me all in one place. It could be a very instructional weekend for you. If you survive.

Latest posts

Back