Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I wanted to have my next video with my bad ass saw, but this will have to d until I can get a 1/2 wrap for it. Anyway this was from Sunday (yesterday) and I was pretty pleased with my lead, most of these trees had to be swung a little to get into lay...a couple were swung pretty far. I was kind of bummed that with the angle of my camera I couldn't show the tops coming around. The 2nd video is just what part of the layout looked like, I shot it this evening. Thanks!

Now this is coming from somebody who doesn't know much, but that looked amazing! I could see a bunch of em turning a ton on the stump. U'r the only guy who makes videos, and the other pros prolly lay em out like that too, but still pretty awesome

Clint, nice video! I know what you mean about the camera not seeing what you want it to see.

I like the terrain you have there. It's not flat nor full of brush! A lot of folks down here have the piece brushed before going in, unless it's a hydro ax of course :).

Thanks Jake! Yeh that is the "bowl" I have been working, it's pretty steep on the far side, nice and clear though! The rest of the steep ground is really rocky. Thanks though! Hope your doing well Jake...ain't heard much out of ya lately. Stay safe man!

Now this is coming from somebody who doesn't know much, but that looked amazing! I could see a bunch of em turning a ton on the stump. U'r the only guy who makes videos, and the other pros prolly lay em out like that too, but still pretty awesome

Thanks Jon! I sincerely appreciate your compliments! Thanks man! I just wish it was shot using my bad ass saw! DAMN that dude cuts!

Well, I wanted to have my next video with my bad ass saw, but this will have to d until I can get a 1/2 wrap for it. Anyway this was from Sunday (yesterday) and I was pretty pleased with my lead, most of these trees had to be swung a little to get into lay...a couple were swung pretty far. I was kind of bummed that with the angle of my camera I couldn't show the tops coming around. The 2nd video is just what part of the layout looked like, I shot it this evening. Thanks!

Bare handed in the snow......you are one tough sumbish ...........

Since were talking about killing stuff.....this was a victim of the log truck this morning.....hit in the center of the truck didn't grind it up to bad!
6asa6uhu.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeh it's still on there. I guess I will keep it on there, as long as I don't turn it over for the back cut I can still stay sort of low on the stump. I have been bored this morning watching vids of ported 288's and I'm pretty sure that with a better chain I would put this saw up against any of them...oak or pine...bring it! LOL!

Man white oak is king here Blair county is kinda central pa..........red oak is good but won't hold a candle to a white oak.....lots of tulip poplar big stuff too poplar is paying 70 cents a thousand for nice stuff heck they are even buying poplar veneer....has to be 9 inches of white on all sides around the heart

Man white oak is king here Blair county is kinda central pa..........red oak is good but won't hold a candle to a white oak.....lots of tulip poplar big stuff too poplar is paying 70 cents a thousand for nice stuff heck they are even buying poplar veneer....has to be 9 inches of white on all sides around the heart

that's good, I can get 600 for poplar but they let a lot go lately. about any white oak over 13" starts at 500 with knots.
red is looking up recently too and that's a good thing, i'll take a raise any time I can get it lol. once in a while we get a call for sweet gum, got to have small hart.

Back